1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

ac15c1 vs '68 fender prri amps

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by dmoss74, Jun 25, 2017.

1. deadbeat son

deadbeat son Tele-Afflicted

For what it's worth, I had the '68 CPR and the '65 PRRI side by side for a couple of weeks. I thought the tone of the two was very similar, with the '68 having a bit more "congestion" in the mids. I did try the '68 through an Alnico Gold and also through a Jensen Alnico Blackbird, and neither really changed things IMO.

I had an AC15C1, but now have an AC30HW2. Honestly, I can't think of an either/or with the Vox vs Fender; I like having both around.

2. koko1

koko1 TDPRI Member

I am very happy with my 65 PRRI. No hum at all. I changed the speaker with a Celestion Greenback 10". This combination adds a little cream to the sound but is still blackfaced.

willburys likes this.
  3. dmoss74

dmoss74 Tele-Holic

yep, btdt. that's why i want the '65. i had a '68 custon pr for a couple days. too dark. the '65 prri is probably the ticket for me. i may have a buyer for the deluxe '65 tomorrow.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.