1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

AC15 Without Trem Channel

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by tallen11, Apr 19, 2020.

1. tallen11

tallen11 TDPRI Member

I'm thinking about putting together a 1960 Vox AC15 type amp, and I'm not really interested in the tremolo channel. Removing it VASTLY simplifies the schematic and cuts out a lot of components and tubes. My question is whether or not I can just remove the trem section and leave the rest of the circuit as-is. I've attached the a schematic of what I mean. I'm an electronics beginner, but to me it looks like the only "connection" the trem section has to the rest of the circuit is via the C28 coupling cap going into the second triode of phase inverter... I don't see how omitting that would affect anything.
    Thanks!

Schematic
    https://imgur.com/a/p6sKsmN

2. elpico

elpico Tele-Afflicted

Yep you can do that, but you cut one too many parts out of your drawing. You still need the 10n cap that connected the phase inverter to the tremolo channel volume control. Looks like it says C28? That cap needs to go from the same place on the phase inverter to ground now.

tallen11 likes this.
  3. tallen11

tallen11 TDPRI Member

Perfect, thanks for the help.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.