About one o'clock in the afternoon a year ago today, Toto left this world.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Aug 21, 2019.

1. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

WOW that was one fast year, He kept you in line TD, and now you are just running renegade!

we miss the little bugger I hope hes happy!

Greggorios likes this.
  2. Nightclub Dwight

Nightclub Dwight Tele-Afflicted

Long live Toto in all of our hearts.

I just want to say, when my partner's beloved cat had cancer a few years ago we got hooked up with a hospice type veterinarian who comes to your house. The vet insisted on a diagnosis from the family's regular vet, and it had to be a fatal scenario. She was a little tough to deal with, but she definitely had the cat's best interest in mind. We got three or four extra months with our pet that we probably wouldn't have had without her intense support. And in the end, she came to our house to administer the end of life injection.

We will use a vet like this for any pet we own now that we know they exist. Aside from the extra (quality) time we got to spend with our pet, it was priceless to have his final hours in the comfort of our home. Our cat hated riding in the car to the vet's office. For that alone it was worth any fee to not put our beloved family member through that for his final hours.

Greggorios and Toto'sDad like this.
  3. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

I raise a glass to toto.gif

Greggorios, Toto'sDad and Mike Eskimo like this.
  4. Andy B

Andy B Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

My Lucas is like Toto. I knew when I spotted him at the Dumb Friends League that we were meant to be. Eleven years later we’re still at it.

5. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

I admire your bond with Toto. I'm a dog lover. We lost a Yorkie mutt named Mia about 16 months ago and a rescue Jack Russel Terrier found us (perfect dog but a family member had an allergy - we took the dog).

Loosing a companion is awful.

I'm glad that you found a new dog. I was worried about you with no dog. The dog/guy companion feeling just seems like a very important thing for you and again; I admire that.

Greggorios likes this.
  6. Moriarty

Moriarty Tele-Meister

I'm not tired of hearing about him.
    Sorry it still hurts.
    I'm a cat guy, but El Tigre is my little buddy, and he's getting on in years.
    Peace be with you, TD. You're one of my favorite instigators here.

7. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Friend of Leo's

I know how you feel, man. Sorry you lost your pal. R.I.P. Toto!

I love pets. The relationships can be very strong, and unique. The losses can hurt so bad.

I lost this little guy back in April. Man, it still stings.

50264351_10156582262108283_8496415922557288448_n.jpg

...and this old girl back in December (15 years after this photo was taken). We were super close.

197533_6682791345_5656_n.jpg

Sammi is getting kind of long in the tooth these days, at 18. She is fine as of now, but facts is facts: she won't live much longer. Best cat ever. I wish she could outlive me.

62111403_10157002832066346_8753716946425348096_n.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Toto'sDad likes this.
  8. Telekarster

Telekarster Tele-Meister

What a good, long, life Toto had! Our dogs are getting up there too, one is 15 and one is 12... it will be tough when they leave, especially for the wife. My sincere condolences to you man. "We shall all meet again by and by..."

9. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

bullfrogblues likes this.
  10. Toto'sDad

Thank you, and I hope your little buddies hang in there, and yes that is our hope. Toto did live long, and prospered, he took many trips, to a lot of different places. He was a star in every sense of the word every where he went, and people loved him on sight. One cannot ask for more than that. More than anything he just enjoyed being alive, I've never seen a dog who was as mischievous and full of life as he was until the very end. He was my pal.

Once when we hadn't had him very long, I was playing music at a bluegrass jam, and the owner of the music store that put the jam on kidnapped Toto and took his picture. The picture was on their website until they closed the store several years later.

upload_2019-8-22_9-30-17.png

Greggorios likes this.
  11. Toto'sDad

You should have some good times left for you both!

Andy B likes this.
  12. Toto'sDad

You really are an animal lover, great pics!

13. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

July the 5th is my daughters birthday....just sayin

Toto'sDad likes this.
  14. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

One thing that I’ve learned on this forum is that people’s relationships with their dogs can be every bit as endearing as their relationships with humans.
    There are other species of pets, but dogs elicit the strongest emotions from their owners by far.
    TD, I know you have lost family members as well as pets but Toto left an impression on your heart that will never fade.
    Peace be with you,

Toto'sDad likes this.
  15. dsutton24

dsutton24 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Everyone here knew Toto, and there was never any doubt that the two of you were the best of friends. I hope you find the peace that I'm sure he'd wish for you.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  16. Toto'sDad

Somehow and I don't understand It myself, but when I lost Toto, it doubled up with my losing my oldest son, and for a few days, I was dealing with the loss of both of them at the same time. We go on though, and thank you for your post.

boredguy6060 and Andy B like this.
  17. Toto'sDad

Toto was such a card, once in a while, because I'm always wearing cargoes, he would slip up on me while I was at the computer and lick my shin startling me, and jump back, seemingly laughing at me. He was perpetually of a good humor, sadly I am not, I miss his input every day. These posts and people remembering him have been good.

18. Rowdyman

Rowdyman Tele-Meister

TD,
    spike3.jpg A belated condolences. (spelling??),

I lost Spike about 5 years ago,,, think about him every day.

I really miss Toto's posts!!

Toto'sDad likes this.
  19. Toto'sDad

Man, Spike's got them eyes, the kind that look into your soul. I can see how you miss him, and I know how you feel, you've just been feeling that way longer than I have. Thanks for the post buddy, and my condolences to you as well. I miss Toto's posts too, they were always better than mine.

20. Geoff738

Geoff738 Poster Extraordinaire

I lost the crazy beast in my avatar two years ago in May and still think about him all the time.

The stronger the bond the more we grieve and your bond with Toto was strong.

I’m glad Alex has entered your life though. Circumstances have changed for me and another dog is not going to happen in the foreseeable future.

And I really miss that companionship and bond.

I know Alex will never be Toto, but Alex will be Alex, and that’s a pretty good thing. May you have a long future together and many great adventures.

Cheers,
    Geoff

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.