About one o'clock in the afternoon a year ago today, Toto left this world.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Thanks Obsessed, it's sure different without him, not only the year went by quick, but the fifteen years he was with me flew by. Some things you enjoy in life are only gong to come by once. Not only Toto, but other things in my life, once in a while I was able to realize it. I always knew one day I'd be without Toto, I just didn't want to face it. He really was special to me, I can still remember every detail of his last day. My golfing buddy once said, you think more of that dog than you do me. I said just don't fall overboard at the same time he does, and you'll never know for sure.

I hope your step-daughter can hold onto Roo as long as possible, it funny but at the last of their lives, they seem to know it and want to be around you all of the time.

Obsessed likes this.
  2. Toto'sDad

Yes they are!

3. Toto'sDad

There were many, many fun filled days with little Toto, and you are right, that's the one's to think of.

RoyBGood likes this.
  4. Toto'sDad

I must have read Toto's will, because that's what I did. As we go along, Alex and I are drawing closer. We don't have to be in a rush, I've given him a home, and I'm not backing out on him. We're gonna be just fine.

Deeve and Straydogger like this.
  5. Toto'sDad

Your words are true. I would much rather have had my little friend for the years that I did, than to have missed it altogether.

6. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

Swing low, sweet chariot.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  7. Toto'sDad

I'm sorry that your time with Sam is coming to and end, parting really is such sweet sorrow. The time right at the end is really precious, you know they are going away, and I truly believe they know it too. Those last few days you both just don't want to give in to time, but in the end we all must. Thank you for your post.

JL_LI likes this.
  8. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's

Gosh...
    Its been a year already?
    Wow....

He was a cute lil guy.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  9. Toto'sDad

I'm sure I will never forget him as long as I have my marbles. I remember other dogs from our life, and all the fun we had, but it's just different with Toto, he was da man.

Deathray likes this.
  10. Toto'sDad

Thanks FG, I hope you're doing better.

11. Toto'sDad

Yeah, TD is known to go off on tangents that would never have happened when Toto was in charge. :)

Greggorios likes this.
  12. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

I'm sorry Toto's Dad.. I've read your post a year ago, I can understand and feel your pain.. I have a 3 year old beagle, and I dont even want to look forward to the day we all know is coming.. every day is a day closer.. such pain shouldnt exist, but I guess even right at the end, our dogs trust us.. My wife cries this early..

Dogs/pets might just be a few years of our lives, but we are all theirs...

Greggorios and Toto'sDad like this.
  13. Toto'sDad

Thanks BB, we really did try and give Toto and Bella a good home. They had it about as good as dogs can have it. Momma has done a lot better with losing Bella than I have with Toto. Bella was Momma's favorite dog too. They were a perfect pair of surrogate kids. I'm pretty sure momma is a lot tougher than I am. I used to be a tuff dog, but now I'm just a pussycat!

Greggorios likes this.
  14. Toto'sDad

That's the hard part, having to do what you have to do.

Greggorios likes this.
  15. Toto'sDad

Those words are so true. We are here before them, and then we journey on when they pass. We are changed though by their presense in our lives.

16. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Hey TD, the both of you were better off in this world for having each other.

Alex is his own Dog and will never meet any expectations you put on him to be like Toto.

Enjoy the Ride my friend.

Greggorios likes this.
  17. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Nice story and remembrance TD. I love dogs.

Greggorios likes this.
  18. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Afflicted

I can definitely relate. We had to put down one our beloved cat just this past Saturday. She was a beautiful Persian mix just under 12 years old. A tumor affecting her stomach had finally done too much damage.

My boys insisted that we do this on a Saturday so that they could come down from their universities and be there for her in her final hours. It was important to all of us that she be surrounded by the family she loved and that loved her when it was time to say good-bye.

We've had - and still do have - dogs and cats in this house. If you show them love, they will pay it back unconditionally over and over. There's no way to lose that and not feel the hurt.

Greggorios and Toto'sDad like this.
  19. Toto'sDad

I'm sorry for your little cat, it sounds like all of your family loved her. It's funny about animals, they say the love you, they mean it, they don't change. Sometimes the people do, but once an animal loves you, it's for keeps.

20. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I remember Toto from your writings, and Toto always made me smile. :)

We have 6(!) dogs currently, 4 Pugs and 2 Irish Wolfhounds, I am very close to 2 of these Dogs and will be devasted when they are gone, we rescue/foster dogs frequently, and seriously, losing them has more of an impact than losing many humans that have passed, some people understand, some don't...

Greggorios and RoyBGood like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.