About one o'clock in the afternoon a year ago today, Toto left this world.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

The thing with Toto was, he was there for me when I had my hip replacement surgery, he was not one to sit still, but he lay on the bed with me until I could get up and about. He was there for me, and actually could tell I was deeply troubled when my son passed, and stayed close by my side while I got through that. When it came time for me to help him, I tried, really tried, to help him, but when it was time for that journey we all must make, there was nothing I could do. Thank you for your post PT.

Greggorios, Tonetele and P Thought like this.
  2. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Hey TD you know dogs were created for our happiness don't you? Sorry to hear about the anniversary of your little mate.

Greggorios and Toto'sDad like this.
  3. Toto'sDad

Gibson was just a fine looking fellow, the eyes show it all. Some dogs look at you, some look into your soul, and find a place there. A horrible end for Taffy, it is just so thoughtless for someone to let their dog run loose, because some dogs are just looking for troulbe. One night recently, a guy had his dog out wihtout a leash, and he tried to attack Alex, it upset my wife who has a serious heart condition, I gave the dog a good solid whack with a large stick ( I have since replaced with a baseball bat) across the back. The guy came running up, and I told him if he wanted the dog, he'd best get him, or I was going work on him some more. The guy was upset, but he got the dog, and hunkered donwn with him in one spot until we were gone way up the street, finally as I looked back he left hanging onto the dog as he went.

I hope Gibson and Toto do get to meet up, they have plenty of time. Maybe one day I'll see Gibson along the way too. I'll give him a pat on the head for you if I do.

Greggorios and teletimetx like this.
  4. lowatter

lowatter Tele-Meister

Sorry you lost your little buddy. My wife and I will inevitably lose our little Heidi and that'll really hurt like a bugger too. We've said goodbye to many pets in the past but some just hurt more than others. We feel for ya brother.

CYMERA_20140928_223801.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Toto'sDad

Oh my, that's a seriously cute baby right there! We ran into a couple yesterday pushing a stroller, I thought they look pretty old to have a baby, when we drew even with them they had the cutest little schnauzer girl in a pretty elaborate stroller. We stopped and chatted with them a moment. It's fun being crazy old people!

Greggorios likes this.
  6. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

He was a good dog, and a big part of the forum for a lot of us that have been here a minute. You'll bond with the new pooch TD, healing takes time.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  7. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

We never get tired of hearing Tales of Toto, TD. Your posts always bring a smile, a laugh, and occasionally a well deserved tear. Thank you for sharing all that you do.

8. Toto'sDad

Thank you TT, Toto was my bud, but Alex and I are coming to terms. He has a home, when you take a dog on, it should be a permanent thing. He has improved a lot just in the last few weeks. He's just taken longer to adapt than most. We had a little rescue dog named Gretel that was around two years old when we got her that bonded instantly with us, and lived with us for almost fourteen years. We got her for Candy another rescue dog that we adopted at eight months. Candy also just fit in from the start. They were a dynamic duo! Toto and Bella were the only dogs we ever paid serious money for, I never felt the need, but when I hooked up with Toto, I didn't want him, I HAD to have him

Greggorios and TeleTex82 like this.
  9. Toto'sDad

Thanks Chud. Getting ready to head out to see some friends for lunch. A former work mate, and a former client. We've all been friends for years. They are serious dog guys too!

Greggorios and Chud like this.
  10. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Hard to believe that it has already been a year. Keep it simple and take today on the slow side. Fond memories are so precious, so relish in the fact that you have those memories to think about.

My step-daughter's Pomeranian, "Roo" just lost his sight, so they are going through a rough time too.

Take care TD.

Toto'sDad and Greggorios like this.
  11. hotraman

hotraman Tele-Holic

Its hard to lose a family member. I feel your pain. But you have some nice pictures.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  12. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Meister

He lives on in your memories, and that’s all any being can ask for. You do him a great honor, by always remembering.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  13. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Pets are like family. I totally get it. My heart goes out to you TD! People who love their animals are good people. It's OK to grieve and to remember the good times.

Peace

14. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

@Toto'sDad - with the passing of a full year since he left, you may want to search for his Will.

It might look something like this <att> and that may mean there's another dog in desperate need of the kind of love and companionship you poured into Toto.

That kind of love should not go to waste.

And as you know, it doesn't just reflect back - it seems to come back a little stronger. . .

Peace - Deeve

DogWill[1].jpg

Nubs, RedTele58, Toto'sDad and 4 others like this.
  15. Greggorios

Greggorios Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Words to live by TD!;)

Toto'sDad likes this.
  16. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

Sorry you lost you buddy. Try to think of the good times and the happy home you gave him.

17. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc Friend of Leo's

It's plain from many threads how bonded we get with our pets. Toto was family and will always remain so. TD, I love hearing about your adventures with Toto... It's an antidote to all the not-so-pleasant things in this world.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  18. KyAnne

KyAnne Tele-Afflicted

Condolences again TD. Had to put down my 14 year old Chow last year.

19. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Toto was a lucky pup to have such loving “folks”.
    I’m sure it wasn’t lost on him.
    I’d love to have a dog like Toto, but I’m away from home too much.
    Anyways, time wil help, but never completely heal your loss.
    I think the brothers and sisters here all understand, and empathize with your feelings.
    You gave Toto a perfect home, you should feel great about that!

Toto'sDad likes this.
  20. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I really miss his clever posts. It was easy to see where you got your sense of humor.

Toto'sDad likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.