1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Abandoned Effects Pedals !!!!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Texsunburst59, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Gatordad

Gatordad Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

I would suggest pouring over the various threads in this forum and watch the Wampler and JHS Pedals YouTube videos that discuss a large variety of pedals in detail. Then, come back and post your questions.

It really will depend on how much you want to spend, for starters, then decide if you want overdrive/distortion/fuzz, modulation such as delay, etc. I would suggest starting with a low to mid gain overdrive first. Something that will give you anything from clean(ish) boost to light grit, to crunch. A klone would be a good start, imho. Lower priced - EHX Soul Food, mid priced - Chellee Pony Boy, higher priced - JRAD Archer, Wampler Tumnus Deluxe, RYRA The Klone.

Shoot me a pm and I would be happy to go into greater detail and not hijack this thread.

Cali Dude likes this.
  2. edvard

edvard Tele-Afflicted

One word: slide. Find an open tuning or two that you like and can switch between with a twist of a tuner, slip a shim under your nut, and go to town...
    I did that when I busted my hand skateboarding in '88. I wasn't good at it, but it scratched my guitar itch while I was cast-bound for two months.

Rooster-p likes this.
  3. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Friend of Leo's

My wife NEVER EVER questions how many Guitars, basses,amps, pedals, or any other instruments I have in my collection.

This thread is just me reflecting on how many pedals I own that may never get used again.

I have an agreement with my wife as far as buying gear goes.

I can spend as much money on a guitar as I want, from $1000 - $30,000+, but I have to sell however much gear I need to, so I can purchase it.

My gear collection supports itself when it comes to buying new gear.

Cali Dude likes this.
  4. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

My taste in pedals hasn't changed much over the years. Most of my pedals die before they get retired. I have, however, bought a few that didn't stick for one reason or another; I gave my nephew a sack of stuff last year.
    I do have (and carry) a spare ts-9 and a wah, couple other things. I prefer to play barefoot when I can.

5. Sax-son

Sax-son Tele-Holic

Very impressive collection, but this is what I hope to avoid if all possible.

Texsunburst59 and Cali Dude like this.
  6. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Afflicted

I sold all what I did not use....the pedals that are left I use...and if I do not use them after some time, well off they go....
    Don't wanna burden my wife or kids with all that stupid useless gear.....to be honest it is a menace and never made any difference to how I played......could have used all that money on something nicer :)

Used to make pedals as well....still have some prototypes left....but most of them got dumped in the electronics trash when I moved into my house!
    I also trimmed the guitars down to three...one acoustic and two electrics..

7. goodcheaptele

goodcheaptele Tele-Meister

download.png Never was big on pedals. Just the guitar and an old tube amp with some reverb. The only other effect I like is some delay. I admire the sound of older jazz guys which when you discount fusion is pretty much CLEAN. The only pedal I own is a Keely DDR.

Texsunburst59 and Cali Dude like this.
  8. nedorama

nedorama Tele-Meister

Add a MXR Micro Flanger to the pedals being sold right now - pulled the trigger on a Strymon Mobius Saturday...

9. DougM

DougM Poster Extraordinaire

I only play at home now, so I use modeling amps and get all my effects except for overdrive from them. I still think that the amps clean with a good sounding overdrive pedal is better than the on-board drive tones. I have two drawers full of overdrive pedals that I'm not using, 'cause I'm addicted to buying affordable Chinese ones on Ebay, and I've found some real treasures that way. The ones that I no longer want I sell on CL, but that's on hold right now, until things get safer.

10. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

Wow. Just wow... I'm drooling.

11. Maguchi

Maguchi Tele-Meister

20200912_170652.jpg
    I used these on a pedalboard, left to right: Ernie Ball Volume pedal, Vox Wah, Boss TR-2 Tremelo, Keeley Compressor, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Ibanez AD-9 Delay, Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive, Boss CE-2 Chorus, T.C. Electronic Polytuner, Boss BD-2 Blues Driver.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    Texsunburst59 likes this.
  12. ladewd

ladewd TDPRI Member

I have all kinds of pedals from overdrives to reverbs. Most of them stay in the box or come out for specific uses. I have an EH Ravish Sitar pedal that can be cool. Like I said, they all have very specific uses. Usually I just play direct to the amp. I was never big on big pedalboards. To me pedals suck the tone out of the guitar.

13. gitarzan

gitarzan Tele-Meister

I’ve about 25 or 30 pedals that I try again every so often hoping they’ve improved on the shelf. They don’t and they go back. One of these days I’m going to photograph them, box them up and put them on reverb.

14. Tornado

Tornado Tele-Meister

I don't have many pedals. But among the pedals I have there are some I don't use anymore. Like the Behringer slow motion and a compressor pedal from Behringer. Not that the pedals are bad. It is just that other pedals are better to my taste. The compressor pedal I use now sounds far brighter than most compressr pedals.

15. Jaggersan

Jaggersan TDPRI Member

Keep the best sell the rest.

16. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I have abandoned pedals.
    I do own a Boss ME50.
    I know, it’s a multi effector.
    I have it mostly for occasions when I can’t control what my “backline” amp will be.
    I don’t miss pedals, at all.
    My mojo-less Roland Cube 80XL does all the tricks and stunts I need it to.
    More pedals for y’all, I reckon.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.