1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Abandoned Effects Pedals !!!!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Texsunburst59, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

I'll have the CE-2, if it isn't too much trouble. I'll give it back if you need it.

2. Fred-paris

Fred-paris TDPRI Member

I admit I made it personal to collect a few "cheap" pedals (Dod, Ibanez Soundtank) that I had seen in the guitar magazines I was reading when I was a broke teenager ;-) I still have the first pedal I ever bought: the BOSS SD-2 Dual Overdrive. I don't really use it anymore but I can't sell it. The Marshall Shredmaster was the 2nd pedal I purchased. It's funny because at the time I was into Metallica's Black album and although I had also tried out the Bluesbreaker and the DriveMaster, I quickly concluded they were not ballsy enough. If I had known the Bluesbreaker would cost that much today (3.5x more!!!), I would have saved money and bought a few ones ;-)

3. Leofender55

Leofender55 TDPRI Member

I've been a pedal minimalist for years, usually no more than 3 or 4 on my board. I've never sold any when changing up so I have about 7 that I've retired. I do still have my Boss BCB-6 pedalboard with original black label pedals; DM-2, OD-1, CE-2 and power supply.

Cali Dude likes this.
  4. Fred-paris

Fred-paris TDPRI Member

Believe it or not, I keep my pedalboards very minimalists too. I have a small one that can fit 4 pedals for rehearsals and small gigs and a larger one that can fit 8 pedals max for larger venues. I stick to my 3 sounds (clean, crunch, lead) and add modulation or delay when it's required by our playlist. I wouldn't be able to balance 128 presets at sound check anyways ;-) Here's my big 'board last time I gigged with it.

Attached Files:

Cali Dude likes this.
  5. Muadzin

Muadzin TDPRI Member

I used to build pedals, 4 to 6 pedals a month. I must have dozens of Big Muff variants alone. Almost every schematic that was on KitRae's site. I think I have 4 banana boxes full of DIY pedals and switchers. I used to love having the big pedal boards, like Ed o'Brien of Radiohead. Think the largest pedal train board and I had two boards like that. None of that minimalist nonsense, with pedals I'm all about more is more. I built so many pedalboards over the years I could have gone pro building them for others.

SDC10986.JPG

6. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

One word:
    Okay two...

Estate sale

Cali Dude likes this.
  7. Sax-son

Sax-son Tele-Holic

I too have a bunch of pedals gathering dust. However, unlike guitars, pedals take up little space. I can put them all in one box and stick them up in my attic. You never know when you might want to revisit that one sound.

8. ezrydr

ezrydr Tele-Meister

EvenTide took care of my pedal problem when they came out with the H9

now its just ibanez tube screamer>H9>dunlop mini volume pedal.

so nice.

9. krz4fx

krz4fx NEW MEMBER!

Whenever your better half tells you that you have too many pedals, show this picture. That should solve the problem!!! This was taken about 7 years ago. I'm actually putting a plan to sell most of my collection to fund other stuff (high end guitars).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  10. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

:eek:

11. Dik Ellis

Dik Ellis Tele-Meister

Had a Big Muff in the closet for 45 years. Turns out, it was one of the first ones ever made. My Tech Guy called it a "Museum Piece". Sold it for $2000 on Reverb.com.

Texsunburst59 and igor5 like this.
  12. Dik Ellis

Dik Ellis Tele-Meister

Yow!!!

13. Chrisbarnett41

Chrisbarnett41 TDPRI Member

14. Chrisbarnett41

Chrisbarnett41 TDPRI Member

Id like the ce-2 if you still have it. Let me know price, and contact info. I have a ph1r but am also curious what you're asking for it.

15. nortally

nortally TDPRI Member

Yeah, I keep surfing the BOSS ME-80 ads. But I would never have known what to do with it if I hadn't spent the time with individual pedals.

16. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Poster Extraordinaire

I've got a bunch of pedals that I don't use, however I'd never want to get rid of them. Pedals have a way of elbowing themselves back onto your board. Rediscovering an old pedal is almost as satisfying as buying a new one. They're guitar candy.

17. J. Bonkosky

J. Bonkosky TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Just turn them into art.

Attached Files:

uberaxe likes this.
  18. rocks2oldies

rocks2oldies TDPRI Member

I have a strat and a tele, both fairly new but not played. I'm over 65 and don't have a clue about peddles and I feel too ridiculous to go to a store to ask about getting the first one. I am not a guitar pro and am still a beginner. Which one would be a good one for me to "play around" with just for fun and what do they cost and now do you connect it?

19. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Tele-Holic

The cost goes from around $50 for a cheap knockoff, to more often $100-$150. As for what pedal to get, what kind of music are you playing,.? You may want an OD pedal, a boost pedal, delay, and reverb. It depends upon your amp and the sound you are going for.

20. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

White Ibanez pedals, looks like.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.