1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

AB764 6L6 Champ in Dr. Z Cab

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by Platefire, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

I been hanging out on the TDF and saw this thread. Howdy! I been building amps since 2000. This is my latest build where I cut down a used DIY 100 watt Marshall chassis I had sitting around for this budget Champ job I did for friend.

Attached Files:

2. winny pooh

winny pooh Friend of Leo's

Nice!

3. Platefire

Hay thanks! I built the 6L6 Champ chassis and face plate only and sent it to Bear in Ohio where he mounted it in his Dr. Z cab and sent me back a pix. I'm presently building a pretty much standard circuit 5E3 in a hammond chassis with cage top type head. Platefire :D

4. teleamp

teleamp Poster Extraordinaire

That looks cool, bet it sounds good as well.

5. Platefire

Well I didn't get to expirment long before I shipped it out to Bear. This was the first time I've built that Blackface circuit but the treble and bass tone controls sure give you more control over the tone than the old tweed 5F1 single tone control. I also added a NFB switch so the NFB loop could be switched out, to also provide a more tweedy tone option. He e-mailed me several time telling me how happy he was with it. I love making and tweaking these old circuits. Platefire :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.