Aaaaaaannnnnnnddddd, Finally! NGD!

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Awesome! Congrats! I didn’t live the color when they first released it, but every time I see one I like it more!

I liked the color when it came out, but wanted a maple neck. Through a small identity crisis, I realized I liked rosewood as much or more. (I was identifying as a "maple guy", amongst other little things. I started to challenge some of that stuff, and changed my stance on a lot of little stuff.)

I had been looking at an AP in candy apple. I'm glad I waited until I realized I liked rosewood!

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Here she is. Fresh from Sweetwater. An American Professional II in dark night.

I have always liked the AP / AP II line. I recently discovered that I prefer rosewood to maple boards. Hey, we have the money, I have wanted one for a while, so I decided to pull the trigger. My wife had been telling me to for a while.

She still needs a few small adjustments, but it was set up fairly well right out of the box.

With the Baja:

View attachment 909582

Man, that is beautiful. Prettiest paint I've seen in a long time. Love it.

DougM

Poster Extraordinaire
When that color was introduced it got a lot of flack from some here, which I didn't understand, 'cause I think it's awesome. I haven't seen it in person, but my experience has been that all Fender metallic finishes look kinda bland in pics, and then are drop dead stunning in person, the Mocha Burst on the Ultra Series being another example. It looks rather drab in pics, but in person, it's absolutely jaw dropping, IMO

Last edited:

mkdaws32

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I liked the color when it came out, but wanted a maple neck. Through a small identity crisis, I realized I liked rosewood as much or more. (I was identifying as a "maple guy", amongst other little things. I started to challenge some of that stuff, and changed my stance on a lot of little stuff.)

I had been looking at an AP in candy apple. I'm glad I waited until I realized I liked rosewood!
I know what you mean. I keep going back between rosewood and maple - can’t decide which I like best for sure, so I just like both. I have a real rosewood and two pau ferro - and a couple that I’m not entirely sure about. One pau ferro board was very light and I did not like it at all. I stained it, oiled it and now I can’t really tell it from the real rosewood.

Last edited: