A yellow & blue painting...$46.5 million dollars . I can paint this!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by homesick345, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Tim Bowen

Tim Bowen Poster Extraordinaire

Gotcha. We'll all be better off if only the ordained scholars blow all the hot air around. The rest of us will be willing to forfeit our opinions, I'm quite sure.

2. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

I wasn't trying to group dilettantes and scholars together, but I do believe that art critical theory is partially to blame for some of the pretentiousness.

My point was that artists that do are not necessarily validated by others opinions or pocketbooks.

3. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I got the joke and am guilty of being a non artist and talking about it...so I am the worst of the two evils.:lol:

4. 1955

Being a naughty perspectivist regarding aesthetics, part of my joke is that I, the critic, am worse than the artist, or the non-artist combined.

5. william tele

B-b-but you've ALWAYS been the naughty perspectivist...and critic. I thought it was why you were hired and that you did your job to perfection?

6. 1955

If only I could cash in on the devious art of distraction, possibly one thing I am fair at, without the suicide-mind of simulacrum-masochists, without the Skinnerian sadism of market-magicians.

Oh, I hate Nike, because they are the wrong ones to always be right, especially on Valentine's!

Art - Just do it.

7. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I remember seeing a particular Van Gogh once at the NY Met. Don't know the name. Sun, wheat field. I already liked Vinny's work, but yeah, in person, it was phenomenal. Like someone sprinkled MSG in his paints. Just "better".

That said, this was a painting where he chose not to be extra subtle. He didn't paint it, and then paint OVER it with all BLACK (or is it bLAck, or BlaCk) enticing us to see stuff that isn't there.

8. 1955

Wheat field with cypresses

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1455489691.561456.jpg

9. william tele

To add to the hilarity, sometimes even the unwashed can immediately see the genius of the art in a thumbnail pic....go figure.:D

10. 1955

Hey

I wash every first of the month!

11. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

No, not that one. It was one of this type. I seem to recall there were a few similar ones in the exhibition. But the one I'm thinking of was very large, and the SUN was so striking. Up close, it looked like crap. Each brushtroke looked like a friggin' shingle it was so coarse. But step back 20 feet, and it was amazing.

But if I had to choose between a real Rothko, and a Van Gogh print? It would depend if I had to look at it, or if I could sell it.

Attached Files:

12. Diamond Dave

Diamond Dave Tele-Meister

TLDR

Sure, you can pick one up for $46 million, but after you swap out the pickups, pots, caps and tuners, you're looking at $60 million.

13. 1955

I may well find a link between inanimate exorbitance and Beyoncé's venerable Cancun shuffle, but my circadian incontinence known only by the affectionate moniker of "iPhone-nutpepper" keeps me from doing anything of artistic value.

My theory is that rectangles have (thus far) not prevented or dissuaded the use of emojis.

So regretfully:

Here are some emojis to give you all (hopefully) much pleasure:

⬛️❤️

14. jaybones

jaybones Friend of Leo's

Well, yellow and blue do make green. In this case, a LOT of green...

15. 1955

A yellow & blue painting...$46.5 million dollars . I can paint this!

The color of coin and jealousy, unfortunately here in the land I live in, it would seem, they are intertwined in a morose dance.

The calculated cultural accoutrements might be the sinew that is touched too easily by those who don't have much to gain from either art or commerce.

I can not trust the painter to talk, or the child to see the painting new, or the curatorial parade to carousel the proper benefactors through the echo-rooms.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.