A year in the making... NGD

Frodebro

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I ordered this last June. Between a backlog at the factory, then a lockdown, the delivery date has been pushed back three times. This morning the call came. It was in.

PRS Custom 24-08, Charcoal Cherry Burst (the pictures don't do it justice), 10 top, hybrid hardware.

So far I have only put enough time on it to stretch the strings out, but I'm already loving it loving it loving it. The neck carve is the same as my old workhorse '90 Custom, so it instantly felt comfortable.

More to follow...

IMG_2167.jpeg
IMG_2173.jpeg

Frodebro

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
What are the 2 toggles switches for has it got a sustainer ?

They're coil splits. The regular Custom 24s have just a five way selector switch, the 24-08 has a three position selector and two coil splits. This allows more pickup options than the standard model. The neat thing about the PRS splitting is that it doesn't just cut a coil, it taps the windings of the coils with the adjustable poles and leaves the slug coils fully on, which adds volume and thickness to the sound when split. Flipping the switch doesn't result in a thin, quieter sound like it does when one coil is completely cut.

boredguy6060

Poster Extraordinaire
I had an accident this week...

I’ve bought two nice strats recently. Trying to find “the one”. One lasted all of five days, the other made it a week and a half. Then I kinda lost my mind... but I’m super happy now. NGD post and pics coming soon.

JD, didn’t you have a PRS a while ago, you seemed to really like it?