1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

"A weird World" a teenage Mutant Ninja turtles fan comic I did.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Blazer, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Well, I'll be honest, I'm a shell head, very much a fan of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in all incarnations of that franchise.

In my own humble opinion the 2012 to 2018 TV series was an absolute triumph. As it combined easy to relate to characters, with real life martial arts and teenage shenanigans. But the follow series decides to go another route completely.
    In this new version, the emphasis is "Laugh-or-I'll-shoot" humor and the jokes are following each other up in a break neck tempo. Note also that the Turtles themselves are all of a different species of Turtle. They have been raised by a former Movie star who played in martial arts movies and use his movies to train to be ninjas.

In both series, it is established that every version of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles takes place in another dimension. And crossovers have happened several times.
    [​IMG]

So I came up with the idea that the Donatello and April of the current series end up in the dimension of the previous series. But before I'll start posting the pages, here's a little who's who in both series.
    [​IMG]
    The Turtles of the 2012 series. From left to right: Michelangelo, Leonardo, Raphael, April O'Neil, Master Splinter and Donatello

[​IMG]
    Karai, antagonist turned protagonist, she's the daughter of Master Splinter and Leonardo's girlfriend. There's more to her than meets the eye.

[​IMG]
    Hun, the dangerous leader of the Purple dragons.

[​IMG]
    The Turtles of the 2018 series, from left to right: Donatello, Michelangelo, Leonardo, April O'Neil and Raphael.

Well then, let's get going shall we?

apritello 1.JPG apritello 2.JPG apritello 3.JPG apritello 4.JPG apritello 5.JPG apritello 6.JPG apritello 7.JPG apritello 8.JPG apritello 9.JPG apritello 10.JPG

radiocaster, zanerd and bsman like this.
  2. Blazer

and here's chapter two

apritello 11.JPG apritello 12.JPG apritello 13.JPG apritello 14.JPG apritello 15.JPG
    apritello 16.JPG apritello 17.JPG apritello 18.jpg apritello 19.JPG apritello 20.JPG

radiocaster likes this.
  3. Blazer

and chapter three

apritello 21.JPG apritello 22.JPG apritello 23.JPG apritello 24.JPG apritello 25.JPG apritello 26.JPG apritello 27.JPG apritello 28.JPG apritello 29.JPG apritello 30.JPG

radiocaster likes this.
  4. Blazer

And more.

apritello 31.JPG apritello 32.JPG apritello 33.JPG apritello 34.JPG apritello 35.JPG apritello 36.JPG apritello 37.JPG apritello 38.JPG apritello 39.JPG apritello 40.JPG

radiocaster likes this.
  5. Blazer

Well, as you probably can tell, this was a LOT of work.

apritello 41.JPG apritello 42.JPG apritello 43.JPG apritello 44.JPG apritello 45.JPG apritello 46.JPG apritello 47.JPG apritello 48.JPG apritello 49.JPG apritello 50.JPG

radiocaster likes this.
  6. Blazer

Second to last

apritello 51.JPG apritello 52.JPG apritello 53.JPG apritello 54.JPG apritello 55.JPG apritello 56.JPG apritello 57.JPG apritello 58.JPG apritello 59.JPG apritello 60.JPG

radiocaster likes this.
  7. Blazer

And here's the conclusion. I loved the twist here.

apritello 61.JPG apritello 62.JPG

I also did a lot of visual jokes here, I wonder if you guys can spot them.

I hope you guys dig my hard work here.

8. speedy mcfeely

speedy mcfeely Tele-Holic

Killer job!! Long time turtles fan here.

9. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Awesome, that's like a whole comic book.

I admit I was unaware of the turtles from R-18.

10. Blazer

Thanks man, I enjoyed making it

R-18 stands for "Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" and the year in which it premiered 2018.
    [​IMG]
    The Turtles as I pointed out earlier, are now of different species from each other but that's not the only thing different from previous incarnations.

What you're about to read now is all displayed in the comics.
    [​IMG]
    Raphael is an Alligator snapping turtle who has appointed himself as the leader of the team on account of him being the tallest and most physically strong of the four. He uses magic Tonfu as his weapons which can bring forth a huge force field which he can use to either protect something or as an offensive weapon. And although he puts himself in the position of leader, he's not really all that good at leading the team, he has a very short span of attention, is gullible and his actions often lead the team into more trouble. Raphael wants his team to be known as the team who never lost a fight. He's also too easily distracted from what he has to do on a mission and rather makes videos of pigeons eating Pizza to put them online. He also (as do the others for that matter) has NO respect for other's property. Taking the wheels off of Donnie's Turtle tank so he can go rafting with the others. Endangering a rare plant because he wants to dare the others to smell it. Ravaging a hotel lobby to take out Mutagen mosquitoes (and leading to Bullhop's mutation), when Donatello mentions the fact that he handed out manuals for the Turtle tank, the scene shifts to Raph and the others rendering the said manuals to shreds when feeding them to a paper shredder.

[​IMG]
    Leonardo is a Red eared slider turtle, who has taken over the role of class clown from Michelangelo (more about that later) he constantly uses puns and really tacky wordplay to "Rile up the team", completely oblivious to how annoying it makes him appear to the others. As the second in command of the team, his leadership skills are above Raphael's but he's too lazy to actually take charge. Much like Raphael, his goal is to remain undefeated whether it be in a battle or a match of checkers, he will go the extra mile to win every single time, even if it involves cheating and underhand techniques. The most notorious of his tactics is to deliberately target opponents weaker than him if only so he can claim victory over them. His weapon is a magical sword which can open dimensional gateways.
    [​IMG]
    A very interesting parallel he has with the Leonardo of the previous series is that he too has a definite connection with a girl from the opposing camp. She goes unnamed but is no doubt that series' counterpart to Karai.

[​IMG]
    Michelangelo is a box turtle, the most childlike of the four brothers, he's also the artistic one, he designed their logo and the body paint on their carapaces. But he's also very much inclined to take credit for things he wasn't involved with and turning his back on somebody if he finds somebody who's just a tidbit cooler. His weapon is a magical Kusari Fundo which can cause explosions.

And now to the lead roles of my comic.
    [​IMG]
    Donatello is a soft shelled turtle. Stereotypical "I-graduated-valedictorian-so-I'm-better-than-all-of-you!" entitled nerd. Feels like he's never taken seriously by the others (As I mentioned earlier, the Manual for the Turtle tank scene) but on the other hand does very little to win their respect either. Forcing his rule onto the others with his inventions rather to be accepting that the others are individuals and won't change by force. He's the only who doesn't have a magical weapon, relying on his self made tech and armor which allows him to fly. His meticulousness to being perfect, leads to him flat out denying at ever making a mistake, the creation of Albearto "Wasn't my fault, who is Albearto anyway?" His closest ally is April, to such a degree that she's the only one who willingly hangs out with him, even when he treats her badly. And yes, he DOES treat her badly, when the Purple Dragons made their debut, April warned Donnie about them not being the cool whizz kids he thought they were and when the Dragons used his tech to commit crime, he had the nerve to tell her "You should have told me (she did) so I'm blaming YOU!"

[​IMG]
    April O'Neil. Is a tough street wise girl who knew the Turtles since childhood. The Running gag in the series is that she has a different job in every episode but that her friendship with the brothers spoils all her chances at a steady income.

[​IMG]
    That there's more going on between April and Donatello was clear from the very first episode on. The clear giveaway is the fact that they argue like a married couple

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    radiocaster likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.