....As usual, this will be a very slow build..... Back in summer, after I finished the “4th of July Caster” and my prior Les Paul style build thread, I decided to finally become a good TDPRI citizen and to finally build a Telecaster. I got 2 cutoffs /shorts of nicely grained fir which were one board initially. Supposedly the fir was old and kiln dried - we’ll see about that .... Impressed by the grain and the “tap tone” this became the body. The planks are only 5.5 inch wide, but long enough to get me some extra wings for the lower bout. For pickups I’ll be using 2 Seymour Duncan that I got from my wife 2 years ago for my birthday – meaning I am way past due to put them to work. Here the 2 boards with the rough outline placed. Boards are not joint yet. The nice looking end grain. Lower half after an encounter with a Grizzly. and a quick dress rehearsal to check that the wings are really big enough and the end grain is halfway matched, before joining the boards. The body at this point is only 1.5 inch thick and will get a top.