A Twang and a Chuckle.

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Telegazer, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Telegazer

Telegazer Tele-Holic

I figured some of you just might get a kick out of this one.

Although I've done sound design and written a number of comedic jingles for Samsung Imaging, this one was definitely the most fun I've had on any of them.

Both the opening funk sections and later ska parts were done with the green Televersary, Moollon J-Classic, my old Benge 3x trumpet, and a no-name bass trombone a friend loaned me. Drums were SDII. Sound design required pretty much every library I've got, in addition to a lot of ambient sounds I recorded both here as well as in California. It's an absolute mess!

The Televersary's Kent Armstrong bridge pickup is a bit strong and dark for ska, but after running it direct into an SPL Channel1 (with a little compression), I was able brighten things up without too much edge with a little EQ action, but nothing more. Bass was also tracked direct.

Our team shot the video in Johannesburg this past January, and took care of the CG at our office. News voices graciously provided by some friends from Durham/Leeds(UK) and Chicago, with yours truly doing the end title voice.

My faithful live team.

[​IMG]

2. Badabing

Badabing Friend of Leo's

AWESOME Work my friend!!

3. Telegazer

Telegazer Tele-Holic

Thank you sir for the listen and kind words!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.