A "Tone Modifier" Not Mentioned Often

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by alnico357, Oct 19, 2019.

1. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Holic

All this tone chasing; an element I find of vast importance is whether the amp is pointed at me or not. If my amp is behind me and pointed at my head I don't like it. I really don't like it. If I set the amp to the side and down a little it is much more enjoyable. This has nothing to do with volume, but rather the higher frequencies hitting me. Of course this does not affect what the audience hears but it sure makes my gig more pleasant for me.

2. jackal

jackal Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

I would back off the treble some, you may be killing the audience.

radiocaster and boredguy6060 like this.
  3. wabashslim

wabashslim Tele-Holic

At home lately I've been keeping a folded towel hanging down over the speaker's center to minimize the lasering effect when I sit in direct line with it. Doesn't affect the off-axis sound. There are plenty of other ways to do the job - Weber Beam Blockers fer instance - do they still sell those?

4. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Holic

I always try to get my amp pointed to my head with tilt back legs or by putting it higher and then dial in the highs that I like it. So I hope to get also a good sound for the audience without earpicking highs for them.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.