1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

A Thread For Slowpoke ...Let's All Add Posts

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by FenderGyrl, Nov 25, 2020.

1. gregulator450

gregulator450 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Carne asada tacos at our house, every major holiday. :D

FenderGyrl, Toto'sDad and Jakedog like this.
  2. djh22

djh22 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

May just have a new band name here :D

FenderGyrl, SuprHtr and Flaneur like this.
  3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I simply answered the question what had I done today without reading the thread, for which I'm sorry. My post was pretty upbeat for a thread about one of our friend's final days. I wish him well, and hope that somehow he gets better. It can happen. One of my neighbors went to Michigan to see her mother for the final time, her family said come quick she has two days at the most. My friend flew back there, the family came in and said their final goodbyes. That was five weeks ago, and Grandma is doing better now than she has in a long time. They think just seeing her family again all together kind of jump started her.

Not much of this year has gone to suit me. I probably should be in a tither, but I'm not. I'm only a few years behind Slowpoke, and I figure any day could be the beginning of the end. I don't dwell on it, it'll be here soon enough. I try and find something to enjoy each day. My wife and I have endured loses on both sides of our family, and together, but we journey on. I wish Slowpoke the best possible outcome for the situation he finds himself in.

Mad Kiwi, FenderGyrl and Cyberi4n like this.
  4. Cyberi4n

Cyberi4n Tele-Meister

Beginning March I popped down to see the dude in IT to ask if he’d set up a VPN connection for me. “Because of COVID?” He said? “Don’t be ridiculous, it will have blown over in a few weeks”.... luckily I persisted, and have been home ever since. We’ve had some ups and downs, but have managed a massive home-improvement project, I’ve bought a new guitar and amp and built a brand new pedalboard, my playing has improved massively, and we’ve had some lovely time bonding with our 7 year old. Work-wise I spent two months on Furlough, right at the beginning, but was the first to be called back. We’ve discovered some lovely walks in the local area, some nice places to go, and to be honest I don’t miss the office at all (other than the eye-candy of course).

guitar-wise my favourite guitar is now my telecaster, Nathalie. Waiting for a new bridge to arrive, she’s been slowly customised so the only original bits are the body and neck.

I say ‘slowly’.... I bought her in August

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    Mad Kiwi and FenderGyrl like this.
  5. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Poster Extraordinaire

No reason to feel sorry TD.
    Slowpoke wants to read our posts to feel a part of us. It's all good my freind.

Let's celebrate life for him.

6. FenderGyrl

I've been handing out Lasagna all day like its Halloween.

I have one stipulation though:
    Return my Tupperware !!!!

Or else I am like the Soup [email protected]! On Seinfeld:
    NO SAUCE FOR YOU !!!!

Yes, I am an Italian Sauce Queen.
    I have to spread it around when I make a huge batch of it.:D

djh22, 24 track, Toto'sDad and 6 others like this.
  7. MisterZ

MisterZ Tele-Holic

Just had Thanksgiving dinner #1. I was cooking from about 8:00 this morning (and yes, it was just me and my wife). Turkey, gravy, sweet potatoes, green beans, and farro salad. (Recipes available on request.) And dry Riesling, of course.

Now to clean it all up and get ready for leftovers...a/k/a Thanksgiving dinner #2.

@FenderGyrl I used to do lasagne with the ex and the ex-in-laws...I guess I'm getting more traditional in my old age.

How was your day, @Jupiter ?

FenderGyrl and getbent like this.
  8. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

my house smells amaze. so many good smells, the puppy is playing, ballgames on, I'm going for a walk.... @kelnet what is new with you? @BigDaddyLH when is canadian thanksgiving and will you be having tofurkey?

MickM, FenderGyrl and MisterZ like this.
  9. Taurus

Taurus TDPRI Member

Don’t really know what to say, today’s been positive. Had a rest day today, hope everyone else is doing well.

Have some tasks to do but keep putting them off, need to just do them. Working on TEFL qualification to teach english and need to officially accept my new uni offer to start in January. Looking forwards to start studying psychology if it goes well might go for a career in it. If it doesn’t, I’ll have teaching English as a backup. Not far from finishing the English teaching course but my level of interest in the topic puts me off haha. I’ll slug through it & complete it eventually by January though.

FenderGyrl, getbent and MisterZ like this.
  10. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    @getbent hows this for a backyard buddy?

A54CF63C-9309-435B-BEB1-77A051B545B5.jpeg

The day I took that he was tussling with a 10-pointer. Guess who won...

djh22, 24 track, FenderGyrl and 2 others like this.
  11. MickM

MickM Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Not yet but his facial expression is saying "If my pants don't re-appear within the next 30 seconds it's gonna' rain down hard in this muggy fuggy"

getbent likes this.
  12. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

We didn't this year, but we often do sushi for Christmas and/or Thanksgiving!

Flaneur, gregulator450 and getbent like this.
  13. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

Sadly the stratmaster is currently out of commission, it's been without strings for 2 months. I was designing a pickup for a friend and used the humbucker in the guitar to determine what the normal phase is for a standard humbucker, accidentally broke a wire in the process but have been too busy to fix it.

I will get around to it eventually but for the time being I'm balancing uni, work, a few pedal projects for another friend and I'm building a wall hanger for 5 guitars for myself. Luckily I have a few other good guitars.

@tubelectron, are you working on any amps at the moment?

Flaneur and tubelectron like this.
  14. FenderGyrl

Great Posts Everybody ...

Your all the best
    ;)

15. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

My day was just yer basic work day. T-giving isn't a holiday here. I did get some bench press, standing press, bent rows and dips in after school though.

I also bought a turkey at Costco for Christmas dinner: that'll be my present to the family, as usual.

I haven't been keeping up as much here as I used to, but I've been wondering how ol' @1955 is doing these days. We haven't had proper riffage from him for a while...

Oh, wait, guess he's still got it!

Flaneur, MisterZ and FenderGyrl like this.
  16. FenderGyrl

I was thinking about IMing my buddy @24 track ....
    Maybe he can post a pic of the Keith Emerson Synthesizer he has created...

The mans a Mad scientist I tells ya !!!

24 track likes this.
  17. Mechanic

Mechanic Friend of Leo's

All of my kids are in lock down as one or the other has a cold or exposure to the Rona. We had a quiet dinner of a roasted bird,stuffing, mashed tatters gravy from the bird, coarrots and green I made my 1st apple pie. We’ve got left overs for a week.
    This has been a fourtunate year for my health and our deli. We’ve survived and thrived on takeout and delivery. Being retired I’ve indulged in my guitar, and music library, built a few VW engines, and rebuilt my reloading and bullet casting spaces.
    It’s been a good year,

FenderGyrl likes this.
  18. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Just cuz you asked so nicely! scientist no , Mad most certainly! LOL

Ive added three modules to the eurorack portion four more to go ( not in these photos )

P1012448.JPG P1012449.JPG

Flaneur, djh22, MisterZ and 2 others like this.
  19. 24 track

Amen to that for sure.

Hey FG, just a quick one I now refer to full tear down repairs as going "Full Fendergyrl "on my guitars.LOL ( much respect, kiddo)

there are some cool wise people on this site , makes it a joy to log into every day !

I often wonder what @Larry F is upto such a wealth of knowledge and a joy on this site

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    FenderGyrl likes this.
  20. 24 track

nice pic , I saw a 5 pointer and 2 3pointers sparing in the back yard facinating to watch it was like dad teaching the boys how to box.

P1011213.JPG P1011493.JPG

gregulator450 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.