Well folks, I've gone and built myself a guitar. I'd built other things before, mostly small pieces of furniture and "head-fi" headphone amplifiers, but this is my first guitar. After reading a few of these threads I've gathered that the convention is to post pictures as one goes, so mea culpa - this is all in the past tense, made over the past couple months. Enjoy! The goal was a Keith Richards style configuration, with a humbucker in the neck, but oriented "correctly". I also kept all 6 tuning machines. First I got some MDF templates. Then I bought a 12' x 11" x 1 7/8" ash board from my local lumbar yard and turned it into three book matched blanks. Then it was time to cut out the body. On the first of these my order of operation was poorly thought out, so I ended up scrapping it. The second was very nice, but it came out left handed - d'oh! On to number three, which had some interesting character on one side. I went back and forth on whether to make the "character" side the front or the backside of the guitar. I like spalting and such though, and decided to make it the front. Also, credit where it's due - my wife is a bandsaw wizard. She did the rough outline from my lines, I finished the bodies with a router. The finish I used was a Wudtone cherry flamenco color stain kit (again, I like to see strange wood character) with a light satin nitro layer on top. After finishing I also painted conductive paint inside the pickup and control cavities. Doing the control cavity was a mistake, because now if I try to fit too much in the cavity without everything being oriented just so components can short against the walls. Those big orange drop caps are tricky to fit! Anyways, as far as electronics I went for a classic three way switch. The pickups are both Seymour Duncans, a La Brea in the bridge (Brad Paisley signature) and a Seth Lover PAF in the neck. I've never really listened the Brad Paisley, but I wanted a slightly hot bridge to match the neck output. The stats were right so I took a leap. The neck in some of these pictures is an All-Parts 21 fret, but I eventually went with a Warmoth 22 fret. The overhang from that last fret made mounting the neck pickup and pickguard a bit of a juggling act, but somehow everything got mounted up. Ferrule spacing and alignment is bit off... I had to machine them down to fit. Something to improve for next time. After a setup at my local guitar shop the thing plays great, plus it was lots of fun to make. I'll definitely do some more.