A technical question to pedalboard-experts

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by udoering, Jun 5, 2016.

1. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's

Well then, I have an amp (Mesa Lonestar Special), and I had a Boss ME 80 before the amp. Some day ago I bought an overdrive device to have to possibility of a little crunch on the clean channel while dialing in the second channel with more distortion.

Now, if I want to switch from a little crunch to more distortion, I would have to step on two buttons simultaniously: the amp´s channel footswitch plus the stompbox´s switch. So may question is: is there a way to combine the amp´s switching with effect-loops (without paying lots of money for digital controlled devices)?

2. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yes, if the amps footswitch works with a latching switch like old fenders. It would require a specially designed bypass loop pedal enclosure with an extra pole (so likely a 4PDT switch) , and an extra jack for the footswitch lead from the amp.

Iron Broadsword likes this.
  3. Paleolith54

Paleolith54 Tele-Meister

I do the same thing, and it took practically no time to develop a reliable toe-heel movement to hit the pedal then the footswitch. The nanosecond during which both are engaged is trivial in a live setting.

4. DaveKS

DaveKS Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    waparker4 likes this.
  5. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's

Thank you for your inputs. The Loop-Master looks like it´s the right tool.

6. DaveKS

DaveKS Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Being as your Germany, Bight Onion in UK might be a good choice to. Just like loopmaster, have never heard anything but praise for their stuff. Looks like their build time is a lot shorter than loopmasters. Pretty much, loopmasters seems like they are a 6week delivery time frame.

http://www.brightonion.co.uk/looper-with-amp-channel-selector/

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.