A tale of sardines gone wild.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

:lol::lol::lol:

getbent likes this.
  2. Toto'sDad

I guess they're a guilty pleasure because they smell so bad! (To other people)

3. Toto'sDad

It really was in slo-mo as it splattered all over the carpet! I like me some kipper snacks too. As far as I know my wife has never eaten any of the stuff I really like to snack on! I'm also a potted weenie man, I love those things with hot sauce or barbecue sauce!

4. Toto'sDad

I think some men, that would be me, like things that are generally viewed as disgusting to women, and lots of men. I dunno, it's just kind of in us.

Steerforth and getbent like this.
  5. Toto'sDad

I'm thinking that my sardine eatin' days are over in the house, at least for a while. At least outside I could poor some gasoline on the ground and set fire to it to get rid of the stink. (which I might not even smell)

6. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

You’re lucky she didn’t rub your nose in it...

7. Toto'sDad

I figure by the end of summer, the smell will be completely gone! :lol:

kLyon likes this.
  8. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

My love of Anchovies has not won me favour with family or friends.

Steerforth, soul-o and Toto'sDad like this.
  9. Toto'sDad

Only reason she didn't is I promised to take her golfing. Which I did. No sardines though.

Torren61 likes this.
  10. Toto'sDad

Now you know, I like them things too.

Shango66 likes this.
  11. Toto'sDad

I never thought of it until now, but NO ONE in my family likes sardines, nor do they like me eating them in the house. Gee, who'd a thunk it?

Fretting out likes this.
  12. Martian

Martian TDPRI Member

Years ago I agreed to go fishing with my uncle early on a Sunday. Saturday night was a rough one that left me with a broken left hand. My band had an important show the following Wednesday so I decided to leave the hand alone and just deal with it. (Ended up in a cast on Thursday.) Woke up hung over and in a world of hurt but didn’t want to disappoint my uncle who I loved like crazy and who I knew was dying. So I got up, grabbed a box of crackers, a couple of tins of sardines and a bottle of Drambuie and left. Don’t know why I brought that stuff; wasn’t thinking clearly. But the thing is, he thought it was funny as hell. He told everybody about me showing up with sardines and Drambuie. (If that’s how it’s spelled.) At his wake about six months later people would come up to me laughing about my bringing sardines on a fishing trip. I guess it made sense to me at the time. I’m just glad I did. I miss that guy. So thanks for your post about sardines.

13. Fretting out

Fretting out Friend of Leo's

I like sardines from time to time, I forgot about potted weenies though! I love those things, I used to do night stocking at a grocery store and every once in a while since they didn’t sell well the potted weenies would go on sale and I’d snack on those things like crazy

I don’t know what’s in em but sometimes I just don’t care

Toto'sDad likes this.
  14. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

Sardines are disgusting. Then there are Herring...and I love them both.

Oddly, my wife never objects to me eating either of those so long as she doesn’t have to partake.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  15. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Tele-Afflicted

Sardine and cigar party at Toto’s Dad’s house...

16. kbold

kbold Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

So .... what's the new rule?

Toto'sDad likes this.
  17. Squier by Squier

Squier by Squier Tele-Meister

Love sardines too, memories from childhood. Feel you, I'm the only one in my family who enjoys them. Sometimes forget the whole thing and then when find a can from the back of the shelf.. Yyyeeeahhhh!!

I use mostly the ones in tomato sauce. And we have this dried / hard rye bread called 'näkkileipä' here (Finland). They're meant for each other, näkkäri and sardines.

Scooter91 and Toto'sDad like this.
  18. johnny k

johnny k Poster Extraordinaire

Dealing with your accommodations:
    Always demand a room on the top floor, and quickly establish yourself as the biggest problem in the joint (minor and even major problems mean nuthing to a total disaster!). If you are not the biggest problem on the premises, then you're probably up against a preexisting condition of considerable nastiness.
    It is wrong to purposely damage your room or anything in it. However, if management and staff are evil, or you realize that your room sits above violated burial grounds, then what you need is a project of untraceable origin to keep your mind clear of "bad things." (Note: Do not try this at home!)
    March to the market and pick up a zip-lock baggie and one whole, uncleaned fresh fish. Now, return to your room and place your uncleaned and securely zip-locked tight aquatic bomb behind the grill of the Time-Release Natural Disaster Storage Unit (a.k.a. the Heater Vent). Mother Nature will take over from here, as she proves that although Fishy may be quite dead, he's still not quite done!. And sure enough, after a feverish week or so of super-natural gas-accelerated frenzy, the highly pressurized action becomes uncontainable in a dramatically explosive manner so sensorily devastating that even evil gets the hell out!
    Of course, you'll be long gone by that time, or at least you'd better be! It's checkout time, so haul ass!!

Taken from https://www.countrydickmontana.com/road.html

always a fun read.

drlucky likes this.
  19. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

You're missing out ;)

tons of videos to be found about Surströmming, usually with lots of foul language but I guess that's the nature of the game :lol:

20. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

Wild caught!:
    [​IMG]

I keep a 4 pack around, and average a can a month. I add my own Tabasco or other select hot sauce, saltines and usually a cola. Awesome. The only thing better (and spawned another thread on TDPRI once..) would be the return of the most awesome Possum Brand sardines. I clearly recall they were special.

Deeve and Toto'sDad like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.