1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

A Specific Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by pastorcoco, Nov 26, 2020.

1. pastorcoco

pastorcoco TDPRI Member

Hey everyone, I've been searching for teles (for fun mostly, I can't afford nor do I actually need to buy another right now) and I'm wondering, are there any thinline teles out there with rosewood fingerboards? All the ones I've seen so far have maple fingerboards but I'm really partial to the rosewood.

2. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Theres a deluxe, but it's a modern type and i wouldn't want it. See a lot of them for sale used which seems to confirm i'm not alone in my opinion. As to vintrage types with RW, ya kinda have to go to the custom shop because most reissues and modified reissues are modeled after vintage designs which all has maple boards. I don't think fender ever made a RW board thinline, at least not that i'm aware of. So for a tele like that you are going to find it on custom shop models where they do a lot of "vintage modified" designs. Probably your best route in this case is put a partscaster together.

3. loopfinding

loopfinding Tele-Afflicted

there was a squier model a few years ago that had rosewood, but the scale was gibson scale. no thanks.

but yeah i hardly ever see thinlines come up let alone ones with rosewood boards. usually the ones that come up used are the mim 69 in sunburst with maple board, or the japanese mahogany with maple board. but, i just want a plain old natural one (and i don't want to spend 2 grand on it). i think at this point, most of the thinlines i've seen online are probably partscasters. and a popular choice for a partscaster at that.

i don't know what the hell fender is doing. they keep putting out classic 69 style squier thinlines and apparently selling them, but haven't done a standard no BS MIM in almost 15 years. yet those lead and heavy metal strat reissues were so pressing.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    whoanelly15 likes this.
  4. dogmeat

dogmeat Friend of Leo's

one reason to build a partscaster is because they don't make what you want.... and the price of building one is more than the price of buying one that is already made. BUT, it's something you made to fit your needs, and maybe the only one in the world. choose wisely grasshopper

5. Blues Twanger

Blues Twanger Tele-Meister

Do you shop online? New or used? There are plenty with rosewood fretboards listen on Reverb at the moment.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.