A simple Floyd-esque instrumental

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Hatfield92, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Hatfield92

Hatfield92 Tele-Holic

So I recorded something this evening I’m relatively happy with. It came together really quickly in GarageBand. I set up a straightforward drummer track, threw on a rhythm guitar track in one take, then did a lead track. I then used the program’s built in instruments to put in a bass and organ part, each in a single take. Then I went back and did another pass on the lead part, and that’s the one you hear.

There’s a bum note or two here and there, but it’s a pretty decent representation of my playing. I welcome any feedback. Keep in mind, I consider the overall vibe of the track A little in the Floyd vein, but I’m not trying to sound like Gilmour. I just want to sound like me.

I’m playing my Firebird through my 6G2 clone via a barely-on OD pedal on both guitar parts.

LINK TO SONG

Artslap likes this.
  2. Artslap

Artslap Tele-Afflicted

Nice. I enjoyed that.

Constructive criticism if i may? In the lead substitute playing no note for 1/3 of the notes you do play.

As Miles said, "Less is more".

Some silence, or letting the last note hang, would create a little more space and tension in the piece.

Good work.

CP.

Hatfield92 likes this.
  3. Hatfield92

Hatfield92 Tele-Holic

I appreciate that. I know my phrasing isn’t quite there yet.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.