A simple Floyd-esque instrumental

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Hatfield92, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Hatfield92

Hatfield92 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

So I recorded something this evening I’m relatively happy with. It came together really quickly in GarageBand. I set up a straightforward drummer track, threw on a rhythm guitar track in one take, then did a lead track. I then used the program’s built in instruments to put in a bass and organ part, each in a single take. Then I went back and did another pass on the lead part, and that’s the one you hear.

There’s a bum note or two here and there, but it’s a pretty decent representation of my playing. I welcome any feedback. Keep in mind, I consider the overall vibe of the track A little in the Floyd vein, but I’m not trying to sound like Gilmour. I just want to sound like me.

I’m playing my Firebird through my 6G2 clone via a barely-on OD pedal on both guitar parts.

LINK TO SONG

Artslap likes this.
  2. Artslap

Artslap Tele-Afflicted

Nice. I enjoyed that.

Constructive criticism if i may? In the lead substitute playing no note for 1/3 of the notes you do play.

As Miles said, "Less is more".

Some silence, or letting the last note hang, would create a little more space and tension in the piece.

Good work.

CP.

Hatfield92 likes this.
  3. Hatfield92

Hatfield92 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I appreciate that. I know my phrasing isn’t quite there yet.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.