1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

A shout out to CADGuitarPlans

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by guitarbuilder, Nov 3, 2020.

1. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Telefied Ad Free Member

So my winter guitar project is a 000 Martin style acoustic. I have been sitting on a bunch of second Martin parts procured off the internet years ago. Last year I bought a 000 mold and decided I wanted a drawing to cnc out a pattern, top, and back while the weather is kind of decent. I traced the inside of the mold and tried to turn that into a PDF and finally a DXF file, but I could tell the result wasn't as good as their drawing.

So to make a long story short, I asked CADGuitarplans.com if they would consider a partial download, as I only wanted the outline, not the whole guitar and the complete files were approaching 100 dollars. I always figure it can't hurt to ask. :)

A few days later, I got an email back with the file attached. There was no request for any payment, just they were happy to help out.

It made me feel good that people are still willing to help out others. I sent an adequate payment back for the file, because especially now, it's hard for small businesses, and I didn't want anything for free as CAD is a lot of work and they were saving me some time.

So if you are in need of drawings, please check out CADGuitarplans website. They have electric and acoustic plans, as well as other things you might be interested in.

https://cadguitarplans.com/

2. GunsOfBrixton

GunsOfBrixton Tele-Afflicted

Tthat's pretty nice. I did look at his other plans. The tele plans and others don't include any actual neck 3d designs. He leaves that up to the person since it is a personal choice. (And really hard to do...)

But I would definitely consider getting them from him If I needed a starting point.

crazydave911 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.