1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

A request re: cancelled holiday performances

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by thesamhill, Nov 27, 2020.

1. thesamhill

thesamhill Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Just some thoughts and ideas if any of you are experiencing cancellations or possible cancellations of holiday performances for reasons which DO NOT NEED TO BE DISCUSSED HERE!

- Reach out and reassure the organizations that you're not looking for refunds for tickets, DVD preorders, merch, or anything else you've purchased in the event of a cancelled performance.

- Reach out and let them know you're willing attend a holiday concert, dance recital, or any other performance even if it's in the middle of summer or whenever, if that's how it goes. Tell them you'll break out your goofy Santa hat and show as much appreciation for everyone's hard work as you would if it was happening now.

- Support alternative holiday fundraisers. Sometimes those bake sales at holiday concerts determine what an organization is able to provide over the year, so if something comes around, consider participating and/or chipping in.

- Offer your skills and time to the leaders to have alternatives. I'm asking the leaders if they have pre-established ways for us to volunteer. If not, I'm offering to help with (or lead) an effort to produce multitrack recordings of choirs, bands, or orchestras from individual students' recorded and emailed performances. (Heads up, recording forum, if they take me up I might be reaching out... lol)

Best wishes for the holiday season, however it goes

String Tree likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.