A Proud Moment in Culinary History.... untoppable....

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I would guess it's more than 40 years since I've had the please of dining at Arby's.

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
We've had a rule about food for 40 years when we bought Vienna sausage in a jar for our first. Josh, the Bichon, wouldn't eat it. We didn't feed it to our son. We now have a Wheaten, Tiberias. She won't eat McD or Wendys but eats Shake Shack burgers. She gives a quick sniff to Chick-Fil-A and backs away. Arby's doesn't pass my wife's nose test so we haven't tried with Tiberias. There's one BK near us where Tiberias ate a burger. My wife drove back around and got on the line and got a burger for herself. They got the order wrong. Shake Shack usually gets the order right and everyone eats what comes out of the bag. One choice is better than none. And it's across the street from Whole Foods so we're there anyway.

nvilletele

Friend of Leo's
If I ever get the desire to eat this combo, I'll just "shake" it off.

(I think I have only eaten at Arby's maybe twice in my life. Last time was probably over 35 years ago.)

I probably haven't eaten at any fast food places for many, many years.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
oh man! so much love for ARBY's! When I was a kid one of the first Arby's was in LA, if I went to work with my dad and was good, sometimes he'd stop and we'd get roast beef sammiches and their SAUCE was fantastic!

Jon Stewart kind of started heaping the shade on Arby's and while he is a funny man and a fellow graduate of William & Mary, I differ with him.

They put an Arby's in the path that we take when we go to the mountains... and one of our favorite things to do is stop and pick up some sammiches on the way up. Potato Cakes, oh yeah baby!

James Earl Jones cannot be wrong in saying 'we've got the meats'

it is a guilty pleasure for sure... and if it is self hatred to eat it, so be it! I hate me sooooo good....

0SubSeanik0

Tele-Meister
The slogan is actually voiced by Ving Rhames... which explains why the Arby's sandwich inside you is saying: "You hear me talkin' hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight! I'm gonna get medieval on your a**"

I take that sandwich at its word.

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member

i

Ving Rhames narrates the Arby's commercials.

a43b440fddd5d525203c2fadb2332f62.jpg

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
You want thoroughly nasty fast food? Try Carl's Junior. Or Mickey D's or Booger King.

Arby's has some really good sandwiches that are NOT FRIED. Their take on the gyro is worthwhile. And their smokehouse brisket and rib sandwiches are amazing. Plus they're one of the few fast food chains with the guts to bring out new and interesting menu items once in a while.

I am backing away from fried food, so I normally order the sandwich sans the fries or whatever. Makes a huge difference and I don't miss 'em.