A new song for you all and a request for prayer.......

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
So.... After changing churches a year and a half ago, my new current church that seemed to be much more in line theologically with my beliefs than the new pastor I had at our last church, is now going through some major issues.

It runs deep. People were hurt by one of the Pastor's wife. There are three Pastors that Preach. One or two of the elders covered the instances up, didn't share it with the rest of the elder board. The people that had been hurt were basically dismissed on the shallow view of 1 Timothy 5:19, IMHO. And some of those people left. I have a very small percentage of people I got to know that I trust. 1 is the Pastor I identify with most and one other elder.

In any of these situations no one is entirely to blame and no one is completely innocent. I wasn't there and it doesn't really matter to me. However, the elders in our church kind of handled it poorly and the one Pastor I trust and am closest with could possibly be leaving. No one really knows and he's asking for God to show him clearly what steps to take next.

Churches... LOL. Ugh. I can laugh cuz I was too new to be completely in the thick of it and I like everyone. I however was not in love with the way the 3rd pastor did the music. He seemed to me like it was more of a show and a concert than actually praising God. He is very talented but I've had my issues with him. His mother is the one (meaning his Dad is the other other Pastor) that is possibly having a continual issue with people.

Like I said, I wasn't there, I'm not judging anyone, but I'm hurting for the people in my church. Including myself. It's never easy. I've been through several big church issues and I feel like it never ends well. My last church that we left was like on a steady decline from a significant church split when the elders tried to oust the Pastor without a word to the congregation. Many in the congregation challenged the elders and they left. But it was like the damage was done. Plus there were allegiances....

Us people, we are so.... Human. LOL. Ugh.

So I wrote this song about 10 years ago and finally got to record it. Then it happened to be kind of fitting for the times.

I haven't been on here much cuz I feel like I can't get a minute... My son moved out two weeks ago and we were painting his place. There's drama in the country band I play bass in. There's drama at church, my Dad wants to move back from Florida and I'm trying to find him a place. My Mom just told me she's moving back down from up north 4 hours away. The house is being re arranged from My son moving out. My daughter is back for spring break for two weeks.

You get the picture. I wasn't this busy when I was busy. LOL. And I don't even have a real job. My wife is the one that does cuz I homeschooled the kids when I quit my job from having bad health problems from lyme disease.

Anyways....

Prayers for my church and what we do is welcomed. For all the leadership at my church too.

THANK YOU if you made it this far in my post. LOL!!!

Lineville65

TDPRI Member
At the last church I was in the elders issued a survey during a new pastor search where members could suggest changes needing to be made, and what we would like to see in a new pastor. Respondents could remain anonymous.

I included a sentence stating some of their decision making processes came across as “authoritarian.” I’m not into anonymous, and I signed it. After their next meeting I received a letter calling me into disobedience of “1 Timothy 5:19.” Others I had heard saying the same things I had written were suddenly nowhere to be found. My wife and I left.

I spent 33 years as a law enforcement officer, and Ive left a church. In both I found you find out who are your friends. In the former I found I had more than I thought. In the latter I found I wonder if I really had any. I still search to give and to receive forgiveness. Im sure I shared fault. I guess “Search my heart.”

Every time I play I hope to lead people to, and to receive, healing in a “ hospital” of brokenness.

Your song is the honesty of a disciple and a musician. Lord, give your peace to this brother, and thank you for using him as your instrument of peace and worship.

Rene Asologuitar

Tele-Meister
So.... After changing churches a year and a half ago, my new current church that seemed to be much more in line theologically with my beliefs than the new pastor I had at our last church, is now going through some major issues.
Hi 48,
I love the beat of the song, and I like the lyrics even better.
I am praying for your church, and for the grace needed to get to the answer.
And in the end, I pray that His will, be done.
A lot of prayer and discernment.
Respectfully,
Rene

Ascension

Tele-Afflicted
Spot on for us and needed that!
I am recovering from a Hypertensive crises that almost took me out a couple months ago. My wife is an RN and three weeks ago last Wednesday took a hard fall at work. Broken left Humerus right at the ball and other damage. Hospital she was with had treated her like a dog and had only been there 4 months so had dropped her resignation the Monday before the accident. They pushed out the door and attempted to force her to settle for nothing and go on. Nope got an attorney friend in it but now as of Thursday she is unemployed also and on the 1st we loose health insurance. Was going back to her old job now cant and will be recovering for a while. So yep life can throw you curves at times but look at not what knocked you down but for how you can stand and make it through. Right now we are there. Trena will get full workman's Comp but it's still going to be a hard Summer and Spring for us looks like. We have to look not at what we have lost but what we have then find a way to survive this

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
@Lineville65 Its funny how leaders like to say things like, "If you have a problem, come talk to me.". And then when you do they have a tenancy to dismiss your concerns right off instead of saying, hmmm, maybe I need to pray about this or take this to some heart". I do get it, Ive had one guy come to me and say I was being prideful cuz my wife posted us doing a solo in church on fb. Both of our Mom's are at a distance and we like to share those moments with them. But I told this person I understand the concern. But whats funny is that a week before I posted this, the wife of this guy posted a video of her son on fb playing his piano. and bragging about it. So I tried to be honest and open and pray about it. But I referenced the scripture of letting my light shine for others to see and dont feel like im in it for prideful reasons. but to be sure a lot of people on stage, they are. church or not. but with this particular couple im prettu sure anything i did would be wrong to them. But i think it was fueled by jealousy. but the bigger point is i get why people being critical of leadership can easily reach a level of sillyness. Yet sometimes leadership can be so dismissive and not take anything to heart, when likely they should be. In our last church i was so tired of hearing submit to your elders when it came to meeting during covid. i think our church couldve handled it a bit better and actually read what was legal. instead of just shutting down 100 percent as long as they did.

Its a goofy world we live in. my desire is to go to church and view it as a shelter or safe have from the hardness of the world. the reality is i feel like the issues can be more petty and frustrating in the church, than dealing with the people that dont go to church. to me, thats backwards. but true. God forgive us.

i think what God is teaching me is that HE is the only rock.

I pray we both can grow not grow weary in doing good. But honestly, I am. Ive been through several significant church episodes that are so disheartening. One gal said God is teaching us how to deal with hard situations in the church so we can use those skills in the world. Like a playground. I think there is some wisdom in that.

But yeah I prayed for you.

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
Spot on for us and needed that!
I am recovering from a Hypertensive crises that almost took me out a couple months ago. My wife is an RN and three weeks ago last Wednesday took a hard fall at work. Broken left Humerus right at the ball and other damage. Hospital she was with had treated her like a dog and had only been there 4 months so had dropped her resignation the Monday before the accident. They pushed out the door and attempted to force her to settle for nothing and go on. Nope got an attorney friend in it but now as of Thursday she is unemployed also and on the 1st we loose health insurance. Was going back to her old job now cant and will be recovering for a while. So yep life can throw you curves at times but look at not what knocked you down but for how you can stand and make it through. Right now we are there. Trena will get full workman's Comp but it's still going to be a hard Summer and Spring for us looks like. We have to look not at what we have lost but what we have then find a way to survive this
Oh man Im so sorry to hear this. Didnt u just change churches too? i gotta go back through the threads. I prayed for you. I feel like Ive had several springs where the hits just keep coming. its like God wants us to be uncomfortable around the time we are looking back at Jesus death and resurrection. IDK. I prayed for God to be with you and bring peace. And needs are met and exceeded.

Larry F

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
This is a great song. Original and captivating. (Not talking about the lyrics, which I rarely focus on in any music.)

Maybe more from you?

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
Dang, u like that one for the instruments? i was thinking it would be looked at as pretty mundane. Thank you!!!!

My drummer and i started recording about 2 years ago. a little less.

Our last 10 are on bandcamp. When u are in bandcamp on my song, if u hit the button at the top that says "music" it will take u to the page that has those 10. i will link that. and then we have 16 on youtube. i started having audio degredation issues when posting to youtube, so i switched to bandcamp. i have a feeling people like youtube and watching videos better but i havent figured out how to fix the audio issue yet. plus i like simple. bandcamp is simple.

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
bandcamp

Ascension

Tele-Afflicted
Oh man Im so sorry to hear this. Didnt u just change churches too? i gotta go back through the threads. I prayed for you. I feel like Ive had several springs where the hits just keep coming. its like God wants us to be uncomfortable around the time we are looking back at Jesus death and resurrection. IDK. I prayed for God to be with you and bring peace. And needs are met and exceeded.
Went back to a Church I had been with pre the pandemic. They shut down due to an outbreak and I started working with some folks really close to my house. It didn't work out so I went back to the other place. Things are working out well so far there this was last Sunday
The health issues on the other hand are still quite a challenge. I'm still not 100% but much better but my wife will have at least a couple months of healing and rehab. Broken left humerus at the head but not displaced and thank God no damage to the rotator cuff. Right now both of are not employed and she is in limbo with the place she was going to. Was supposed to start the new job today but can't until she is fully released by the doctors. She has worked for this place for well over 10 years so they are trying to work with her but have no light duty place to put her so she is on inactive status as PRN. We will survive as have savings and a retirement account plus the other place is bound by law to pay workman's comp and all med bills until she recovers. However it still is not her full salary (66.5 %) plus we will loose all health insurance on Friday so--.

dougstrum

Friend of Leo's
Sorry about your troubles, it always saddens me to hear of discord in the church.
No easy answers, but as far as it is possible we should try to live at peace with all men~

FortyEight

Tele-Afflicted
Yes. Wonderful reminder. Im trying to view it all from the perspective of somehow building up the church.

Before all the drama my son had told me he wants us to go to church with him. When we were going to a small church before this one, he didnt seem happy. there was no one there his age (hes 21 now) and he was asleep half the time. and i was like encouraging him to go somewhere that he would feel more at home. he did about the same time we left the last church cuz of very sharp differencesxin theology from a new young pastor. he went to a church different than the one we did. and has grown a bunch and likes it there. seems like a super active young adults group and a solid place. So on the positive end were planning in going there. not trying to focus on the negative aspects. cuz all churches can go through crap. it does seem like the problems are the catalyst to change but there are lots of good people at the current church that i dont want to leave. but having your kids want u around is kind of a big deal. he moved out to live with a dude frim his church that just bought a duplex and that was good timing and working out. i think he misses us. lol. yaaaay.

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
I heard from an old Pastor friend of mine who said that "Pastoring would be easy if you did not have to deal with people".

I have been on both sides of those Pastor/Congregant conversations and the key to both is to actually listen to what the person who is talking is saying. We get so caught up into the process of a conversation where we are formulating what we are going to say before the person who is talking is finished.

Here is something I would suggest. If you are dealing with multiple problems in a situation, tackle them one at a time. Too many times I have had people say they needed to meet to discuss some "things". Usually it is a half dozen issues that are not related. That is too much to try to digest at one time. Hit the one main issue and work that out before you go onto the others. Many times you will find that item 4 and 5 were dealt with when you dealt with item number 1.