1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

A new song for the times ! Looking forward to sharing this with you

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by IHASTELE, Jan 13, 2021.

1. IHASTELE

IHASTELE TDPRI Member

So I've just finished this track , living in Canada I got inspired by how beautiful the sky has been getting in the evenings lately ... Especially with the streets abandoned at 8Pm

The song found it's roots within another acoustic piece I've written a few months back, it seems that lately these songs seem to find me ...

So Anyhow ... I couldn't go to Cape Breton this year but at least I got to write some music.

IMadeYouReadThis and udoering like this.
  2. IHASTELE

IHASTELE TDPRI Member

Some of the Gear used ...

[​IMG]

Several Bilts

[​IMG]

Some old violins ...

[​IMG]

And a Taylor 314Ce

[​IMG]

suthol likes this.
  3. FortyEight

FortyEight Tele-Holic

Very nice. I like the feel of it. The melodies played in the middle are nice. I'm assuming you did a violin part and also a guitar feedback part or something to match or double?

The acoustic guitar part is real nice. You really nailed the feel of what you were going after I think.

It's been particularly nice around here too. Warm and sunny for this time of year. Super sunny.

4. Biffasmum

Biffasmum Tele-Meister

Beautiful piece and thoughtfully performed fragile vocal, well done! The sparse instrumentation and dreamy middle section really add to the lyrics. If you wanted to try more things, without cluttering up, you could look at a harmony/counterpoint vocal in the hook section, and maybe some acoustic guitar percussive taps or bass strings to reinforce the downbeat now and again.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.