1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

A mouse ate thru the tinsel wire on a fav vintage speaker, #stompcritters

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by robt57, Dec 1, 2020.

1. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Not anything special of a speaker, beyond it is a 25+ year old driver that just sounds right where it lives.

It left enough near the cone for me to solder to without burning the cone.

Thought I'd share. Better look at my 30 year blue/G35 212 cab, now that would really be bad if they ate those..

uriah1, schmee and BobbyZ like this.
  2. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

Home made mouse trap in the garage. Saw a fat mouse and rigged it up a couple days ago, tried ketchup first, then peanut butter. Got the fat one right away with the PB, nothing since. So he must've been the only one.
    Or the only one that likes peanut butter! 1606861999832440388435959717192.jpg

3. Riffraff12571

Riffraff12571 Tele-Holic

The infamous peanut butter wheel. I love it! That's the same rig my father-in-law used in his barns forever. I'm just about to set one up in my mother's basement. Her house has been vacant since she went into a nursing home and the mouse problem has gotten way out of hand. It's time to bring in the heavy artillery.

BobbyZ likes this.
  4. BobbyZ

Worst part is getting the hole properly centered in the can. Screw up and you gotta empty another can. I prefer bottles, it's a personal sacrifice on my part.

Festofish and ThermionicScott like this.
  5. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but mice don't live alone, and even more bad new they can reproduce every few weeks. I found one last year and ended up getting 13 of them before they wised up to the peanut butter. Haven't seen any since then either but I'm guessing they just stay out of sight.

BobbyZ likes this.
  6. robt57

I just made one, went for a bike ride, gonna go look....

BobbyZ likes this.
  7. muscmp

muscmp Tele-Afflicted

i've used something similar for rats and it does work. it is called a redneck mouse/rat trap.

play music!

BobbyZ likes this.
  8. BobbyZ

Still only caught the fat one, haven't seen or heard a mouse in the garage since.
    But I know the odds of only one mouse are about like the odds of winning the lottery!
    I guess the rest of them are quieter and don't like peanut butter.

9. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Great trick. But then you need to dispose of a live mouse. I won't ask how you do that.
    I have seen something similar where you put a bunch of floating things on top of a bucket of water to make it look solid, and when the mouse steps on it to get the treat they fall in and drown.
    I have tried every single device and tactic known to man, and have found that the simple old-fashioned spring-loaded mouse trap works best by far. I go through these things by the dozen.

5c196240-054a-4cd4-841a-a724af406f20._SL300__.jpg

BobbyZ and Mike SS like this.
  10. AxemanVR

AxemanVR Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

`
    Does mouse taste like chicken?

`

BobbyZ likes this.
  11. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

If you have mice in your house ?

a mousetrap isn’t the solution ...o_O

Obsessed likes this.
  12. Euphonica

Euphonica Tele-Meister

Get some cats!
    D9435E01-ED76-4109-8C06-12B45237BA88.png

Phrygian77 and BobbyZ like this.
  13. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

I'd rather deal with the damage caused by rodents (which is reparable) than the damage caused by cats, which may be reparable or not, depending on whether or not THE CAT PI**ED ON MY VINTAGE MARSHALL 4X12 which actually did happen to me.

14. robt57

My neighbor been in the hood for 45 years. As other folks left, and left their cats behind, she feeds them. Quite a few outside cats, not actually hers. Luckily none can breed, else I be catching, getting fixed and bringing back...

A few are wilder, a few social but weary. My gear is out in the shop, not a cat person, but all the loose ones gotta be helping the population being kept lower...

Our greyhound has nabbed a gopher, and one mouse so far, hunter she is. ;)

15. robt57

Had two in the can earlier, young twins by the looks of it.

16. Cam

Cam Friend of Leo's

Having dealt with mice before, they must be destroyed! Don't get me started on the live trap and release nonsense!

BobbyZ likes this.
  17. BigDaddy23

BigDaddy23 Tele-Holic

Nah, they drown mate. My mate uses this down here when we get mouse infestations in the wool shed (usually in summer when food is scarce for them). I've seen this method catch >50 in a couple hrs before!

Marc Morfei and BobbyZ like this.
  18. INFANT

INFANT Tele-Holic

I’ve been using one of those electronic traps that zap the mice with a few thousand volts when the step on the metal pads inside. They work great. I had a bit of a mouse problem in my garage and plugged up the entry points first and then put a couple of these electronic units in there baited with peanut butter. I caught about 10 over the next 3 days and then it stopped. I kept the traps in there for another 2 weeks along with some warfarin baits. No nibbles on the baits but I caught a few centipedes in the electronic traps!. I haven’t had a problem since.

We tried the homemade trap (pail of water and 1x6) to catch some voles in our yard. Used sunflower seeds....worked well, caught 2 voles and then we caught a chipmunk. That was when we took down the trap...voles are like mice, chipmunks are cute. Sure, they are rodents too but they are cute rodents!

19. BobbyZ

My bucket trap has water in it, so the mice can have a nice refreshing swim. Hey it's not my fault if they lack the endurance to stay afloat till I get there!
    Still only cought that one fat one. Might have to change tactics, there's got to be more.

Festofish likes this.
  20. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Might want to get a cat.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.