A lurker emerges from the shadows

The Spruce Plan

TDPRI Member
Hello, TDPRI. I have been watching you for years. So many questions about gear amd how to do this or that get answered here, it's truly a great resource.
I'm from Fairbanks, Alaska, but currently doing time in Florida at the behest of my Stripe-Suited Uncle. As soon as I'm done working for him, I'm going back home. I got to the Summerlands just in time for the unspecified illness that was going around. Now that my work with that is over, it's time to start having fun again. So all my friends are back home, and everyone I know here cares nothing for music except this one guy obsessed with The Beatles. I thought I'd come out of the shadows and live a little online. I gave up on social media, you folks seem like a much better crowd.

I make guitars, and as a result, will probably never buy one again. This means I can't really say I'm a Tele guy, BUT Tele four way is how I wire everything, I always make one or two pup guitars with fixed bridges, I have a thing for heel adjust necks and a dislike for scarf joints... sound familiar?

Brevity being the soul of wit, hello again, and over to you.

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
That was the plan...
well, then, two small thoughts about the confluence of spruce and musical instruments:

the tonkori, a 5-string (well, mostly5) instrument from Hokkaido:

and the Jezo spruce from roughly the same area:

with the caveat, of course, that Wiki is not necessarily the definitive word on anything in particular, but is certainly convenient for this way of introducing a tangent, maybe.

I suppose I could add a link to spruce beer, but maybe that would be another forum

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
Welcome from Albuquerque, New Mexico. May father was stationed in Fairbanks during WWII in the Army Air Corp (Air Force). He was a mechanic\ translator for the aircraft Lend-Lease program, thousands of US built aircraft were lent to Russia. He was born in the Ukraine and his family immigrated to the US in 1904. Anyways, he said Fairbanks was the coldest place he had ever been ( his family homesteaded in North Dakota). Having actually grown up during the British Invasion, the Beatles were the predominant group to say the least, though my interest was with the Yardbirds at the time.
They had Eric Clapton, an excellent guitarist by 1965 standards. Then bad news, EC left. What the heck! I was depressed because my 'group' had no guitarist. Then they got this guy named Jeff Beck, who? Yardbirds then went on a roll of top ten hits .... I guess this new guitarist is pretty good. Little did I know at the time, he was flexing his wings. Then BAM! Beck is gone. This does not happen when a rock group is at or near the top of their game. Then a Jimmy Page was hired for the job. Who ....? Well we all know what happened to the new Yardbirds. Oh my. Be sure to post a pic of your guitar and mention what Tele sparks your interest. Play on.

The Spruce Plan

TDPRI Member
well, then, two small thoughts about the confluence of spruce and musical instruments:

the tonkori, a 5-string (well, mostly5) instrument from Hokkaido:

and the Jezo spruce from roughly the same area:

with the caveat, of course, that Wiki is not necessarily the definitive word on anything in particular, but is certainly convenient for this way of introducing a tangent, maybe.

I suppose I could add a link to spruce beer, but maybe that would be another forum
Spruce beer is one of my favorites and spruce is also a wonderful wood for just about anything musical.