A love letter to Bootstrap Pickups

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Jack Clayton, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Jack Clayton

Jack Clayton Tele-Meister

This isnt a product review, as I haven't actually installed and tested the pickups yet. But I just needed to make a public service announcement about the folks at Bootstrap.

I ordered a set of their original recipe tele pickups about a month ago, and it came in the mail maybe a week ago. Then today I received a notification that bootstrap had refunded me the cost of my pickups. I emailed them to say that I'd received the pickups, and no refund was necessary, but they explained that they were issuing the refund because they had wrapped my pickups in their Ruby colored wire rather than the plain enamel advertised.

Now, I can't stress this enough: I don't care about the color of the wire, and I never would've known the difference had they not told me. And yet insisted on refunding me the already criminally low price of the purchase.

I just felt it should be broadcast publicly how above and beyond the business ethics are at Bootstrap. These folks are truly exemplary, and now I'm gonna have to build another partscaster so I can pay them the full price of a set of pickups, which now feels owed.

That's all. Rant over.

2. funkysoul

funkysoul Tele-Meister

thats the way good business must be done... good for them

Jack Clayton likes this.
  3. jman72

jman72 Tele-Afflicted

I bought a pair of their Skookum P90s (humbucker sized) about a year ago and got great service. Definitely a great deal for the price.

Jack Clayton, emisilly and PhredE like this.
  4. Bella

Bella Tele-Meister

Thats awesome! I am so pleased with my bootstrap pickups and the service that I will definitely order from them again.

5. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

This is what I've been tellin' you guys for a couple years.......their excellent quality pickups are only part of the story.....top notch customer service is Ryan's "forte". ;)

6. PhredE

PhredE Tele-Holic

It looks like they've taken their site offline for incoming sales.
    Can you recommend the best Bootstrap for vintage-ish Tele neck PU?

7. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I really like the Palo Duro. Nice and warm with just the right amount of clarity. I like the bridge from that set too...bright and traditional.

PhredE and nojazzhere like this.
  8. Jack Clayton

I bought the original recipe set, hoping for just that. I'll let you know how it plays out. For the prices they charge, I figured I could always buy the Palo duros if the original recipes didn't blow my mind.

PhredE and nojazzhere like this.
  9. PhredE

PhredE Tele-Holic

Cool. When the Bootstrap site was up and running the other day, I remember scanning through the options and that one stuck out to me. So, I think you just helped me hone in on the answer -- thanks!
    I'll do the order once they are back in operation after the 5th.

nojazz, thanks to you also :)

10. Jack Clayton

My next project is a tele bridge/p90 neck configuration, and I'm thinking I might spring fro the Palo duro bridge with a Wheat Penny p90 in the neck. The wheat penny is a p90 that evidently is voiced like a Palo duro, so Im guessing it'll be a solid combination.

PhredE likes this.
  11. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Afflicted

I almost want to build another Tele to use a set of Bootstraps:D
    I have his Squeaky Clean slug P90s in my Epi Blueshawk, and Lake Surfers in my Jazzmaster. Marvelous pickups!

Treehouse and PhredE like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.