A little lshocked !

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Budd, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Budd

Budd TDPRI Member

Came upon Zachary site by accident & was surprised by some comments made by the manufactureer of these guitars! Sounds like we know nothing about our instruments . I didn't appreciate certain comments I read .
    I've had the good fortune to make about a dozen guitars from scratch & am far , far away from from producing a piece of art ! But the all worked , along with much kindling & sawdust .
    Seemed odd to have to audition to become worthy of making a purchase ! My feeling is if you can afford one ( I cant ) go buy one . I'm 72 yrs old & have minimal cash flow so looks like I'll go without .
    Attitude is either good or bad & I try to maintain a good one & obviously some don't ! I best leave this alone Peace. Out!

2. Gloveberg

Gloveberg Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Good lord. I read through his site and what a condescending a-hole. Just a little high on himself, isn't he? You'd think his guitars cured cancer or something.

3. bancika

bancika TDPRI Member

On top of that, they look terrible. It's a matter of taste, but design is very lacking, finish is bland, shapes are boring...

4. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

A quote from the master himself.

You must QUALIFY first. That's Right ... QUALIFY!

If you have a problem with this or know in your heart that you don't qualify for a Zachary guitar, then just go to your local guitar boutique and they will be more than happy to take your credit card. All they want is your money. Just like any prostitute, they will get down on their knees, perform their service without any emotion towards you. A totally impersonal and shallow transaction based on mutual self interest. ... I will offer you a lot more and in exchange I am interested in knowing what's in your soul.

Remember a Zachary guitar is NOT a retail/consumer transaction. You actually have to work for it, like anything great in life.

1) First of all Mr Zachary I don't have to impress you with MY qualifications as a guitarist YOU have to impress me with YOURS as a builder. YOU'RE selling I'M buying remember? Funny how that works eh? :p

2) You want to know what's in my soul? OK, if I tell you my deepest darkest hearts desires will you build me my guitar for nothing? I place a huge value on revealing what's in my soul you know. :cool:

3) You say you won't build it for nothing? :( Well then I guess it really is a retail/consumer transaction after all isn't it? :rolleyes:

What a flipping tool. :rolleyes:

5. Danomo

Danomo Tele-Holic

This somehow reminds me of jock-speak in a high-school locker room talking about how other guys (mere mortals) shouldn't even look at girls they date.

6. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

If his guitars are anything like his website, I'll pass.

7. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Wow, might be a whole year since we had a Zachary thread! Is he still up to his old tricks? When I started getting interested in custom guitars, I liked what he was building--not everything, but lots of 'em. I found his site quite funny. I discovered him and Ed Roman's site about the same time. Sure, they're both way out there, but there was a stage in my gear education when I found that contrarian point of view refreshing, once I learned how to filter it.

There was a period of several years there when he sold every guitar he made about as soon as he finished it, but it seemed that demand dried up recently. He only built one guitar in 2013, so I quit checking in on him.

After a quick look in, it seems he bugged out for a while, and now he's mellowed a bit. :lol: But still deliberately provocative....

Based on some e-mails that I and a friend have exchanged with him, I think the condescending curmudgeon shtick is a misguided marketing strategy--not completely a pose, but exaggerated for effect. ;)

8. Deckard

Deckard Tele-Afflicted

From what I read I'm glad this is the only time I've ever heard of his guitar. What a terrible outlook to have. I wonder if he would count Kirn, Hahn, Crook, Or Logan as "mere prostitutes" he's definitely full of himself.

9. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I'd bet that it works for him.

and that he has an immediate dismissal for the folks who don't like his 'way'.

When we rise to the troll he is well fed.

10. speedingjet

speedingjet Tele-Meister

That guy is a beacon of unintentional hilarity.

Oh, and the online videos of his creations in action only reinforce the notion that few words are as subjective as "good tone".

11. Deckard

Deckard Tele-Afflicted

His guitars don't even look all that good.

12. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Just reviewed the site. It struck me as clearly thoroughly tongue in cheek. And here we are, discussing it.

Well played, Zachary

13. shovelrider

shovelrider Tele-Afflicted

Wow. This is the first I have heard of this guy, Zachary. His site is definitely good for some laughs but I just can't figure out if this is for real or not.

14. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

okay... kinda mean, but... oh man!

this is kind of my favorite new video...whenever people piss me off, I'm gonna make them listen to this.

15. willyb

willyb Tele-Meister

His site is entertaining....even the over priced FUGLY guitars were fun to look at. On another note...I'd never buy a guitar that I wasn't able to play.

16. Deckard

Deckard Tele-Afflicted

somehow that dude "qualified" for one of these Zachary guitars. Interesting you can't leave comments on that video

17. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Yikes and still another virtuoso demonstration in mechanical masturbation using a guitar. I really can't call it "musical masturbation" because I didn't here much of anything musical going on there.

I'm gonna list this video along with "waterboarding" as torture devices that should probably be outlawed.

18. Reeek

Reeek Tele-Holic

Dang :eek:

19. Hellmark

Hellmark Tele-Holic

Man, I just can't stand the look of those headstocks. Butt ugly.

20. Tony Done

Tony Done Friend of Leo's

My thought too.

What is this forum's policy on expletives, especially the ones relating to self-abuse?

EDIT I'm reminded of the Groucho Marx quote - "I don’t want to belong to any club that will have me as a member".

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.