1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

A little Historical Help wanted on this Tele - Made In Korea Squier Series Model

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by MMcG25, Apr 20, 2021.

1. MMcG25

MMcG25 TDPRI Member

I did some googling and found a thread in this forum about a MIM Squier Series Tele - with a few examples, but this model is listed and the headstock shows a Made in Korea "Squier Series" model.

Who can shed some light on this/these made in Korea models - True Fenders, yes?

https://reverb.com/item/40031167-fender-telecaster-squier-series-1993-black-korea-w-maple-fretboard

Is the asking price on it way out of whack - or in line with what something like this might go for?

Thanks so much!

2. Pawdog

Pawdog TDPRI Member

I've owned a 1993 Korean made Fender Squier Series Strat since 1995, bought used for $300, at the time. The build quality is as good IMO as my 1993 Fender American Standard Strat; both have great playing necks, pickups sound similar, etc. The Korean Strat is slightly heavier than the AM Standard. I'd pay $600 easily for that Tele where I in that market.

MMcG25 likes this.
  3. MMcG25

MMcG25 TDPRI Member

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it!

4. Boreas

Boreas Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Seems steep to me, but I am not too familiar with prices on the old MIK models. "Light" scratches? Dunno. Isn't worth $750 to me delivered, but I am not Jonesin' for an old MIK Squier. Maybe the case is very nice.

5. gimmeatele

gimmeatele Tele-Afflicted

I have a Tele I picked up in a pawn shop and as said above the neck is superb! It's a 1991 model I believe.

6. Pawdog

Pawdog TDPRI Member

If you decide to buy it, offer $400 to $450. With that $100 shipping (high IMO) you'd be close to present value I think. I looked at closer at the listing, the Tele does appear to be well played.

7. BradKM

BradKM Tele-Holic

I bought a Precision Bass from that series new in 1994, and it's one of the few instruments I really regret selling.

They were a weird entry in the line up, above Squiers but priced a bit below Standard series Fenders. Didn't last long. As others have said, the quality of the neck/frets on mine was fantastic. The only issue I had was a soft plastic nut, which was quickly replaced with bone.

Can't comment on current selling prices. Info on that may be a bit skewed...I'm guessing most of these had the tiny "Squier Series" decal on the tip of the headstock sanded off. It was common to see a lighter spot on a lot of headstocks there for a while.

8. balston11

balston11 Tele-Meister

tintag27 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.