1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

A little help on a CL "Tele" please...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by justrfb, Feb 21, 2014.

1. justrfb

justrfb TDPRI Member

Hello All.
    Does anyone have experience with Jay Tursor guitars? Is this worth going to look at... Much cheaper than me building one from a kit (in time and money) beside, I have a Robert Olson ES-335 type kit on the way!!! YES.... Thanks for your help and concern.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/msg/4316615604.html

Sincerely,
    Rich

2. pondcaster

pondcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Those types of ads alway say the Tursors "rival any Squiers and MIMs"... they never do. Except maybe the Affinitys?

I've only played maybe 4 JTs in my life and I could not put them down fast enough. Some looked okay but just not my cup of tea, I guess. Some fellows love them but I have never been in that group.

I'd look toward used CVs. They can be had for that price range, if you're lucky.

Just one guy's opinion, worth what you paid.

3. shovelrider

shovelrider Tele-Afflicted

I've never played a Turser but I still think if I was looking for really cheap, I would go with a GFS.

4. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

that guitar is worth 70.00

5. justrfb

justrfb TDPRI Member

Thanks so much for your help. I guess more times than not, a good looking deal, isn't...

Sincerely,
    Rich

6. LowThudd

LowThudd Friend of Leo's

For that money you can get a new Bullet Tele or even an Affinity. At least it will be a real "Fender"ish product.

On the converse, while I haven't tried one, I have read mostley very good reviews for Douglas Gravity 'Tele': http://www.rondomusic.com/gravityntasvtn1.html

Still considering one.

7. tlm3210

tlm3210 Tele-Meister

Squier or Epiphone SG for low budgets. I love my new Squier, even more than my MIM Fender or Les Paul. I'm upgrading the electrics on it, but is really more to satisfy my tinkering addiction than anything else. I messed around with a cheapie Epi SG for a while, I was really impressed with it too. I had a cheapie Ibanez for a couple of weeks, not so impressed. Look on Craig's List and pawn shops if you really want to go low budget.

8. Telegator

Telegator Tele-Afflicted

My son has a Jay Turser sg copy. I think he got it off ebay for under a hundred bucks (shipping included). He says it plays as well as his Epiphone Les Paul (Pro Custom?). It may be a good little player and my advice is try it if you can but I believe he is about double what he should be expecting to get for it.

9. FenderGuy53

FenderGuy53 Poster Extraordinaire

Jay Turser guitars are not only inexpensive; they're cheap!

If you're looking for a budget Tele, check out the Squier CV50's or perhaps a Rondo.

10. Gary in Boston

Gary in Boston Friend of Leo's

I note it says front and back binding ............ perhaps it's black binding ?

Gary

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.