A good recommendation for a high output single coil neck pickup?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by saintgerty, Nov 2, 2010.

1. saintgerty

saintgerty TDPRI Member

hey there..... ive have modified dream telecaster......there s a Duncan Hot Rail in the Bridge.... which im fairly happy with (despite being a little sharp)... however, all in all excellent.... i m also testing a fender lace sensor gold single coil in the neck position. This pickup is.... just not right for the sound. -its too dull, the output is too weak compared to the hot rail....i mean it alright, but id like something better. Smooth creamy tones (kinda like a lipstick pickup, but its not really what im after). Is there anywhere i should start looking?... there s not alot of information out for single coil neck positions.... (ideally id like a p90 or a humbucker.... but i dont want to start messing with the guitar just yet....)...

all your help pointing me in the right direction, much appreciated

katri

2. Chrismo

Chrismo Friend of Leo's

Duncan Quarter Pound.

3. eggman

eggman Friend of Leo's

Howdy,

Chrismo's is a worthy suggestion. Another avenue is Rio Grande out of Houston. They offer many mid-to-high output P/Us for Teles, like the Muy Grande. Good luck!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.