A glitcth? New American Performer in copper for $1,149.99

MelodicBend

Tele-Meister
If anyone is interested in purchasing an American Performer Telecaster, I found one that is way underpriced at a major retailer. I believe it to be a glitch or possibly the last of previous stock before a price increase.

Seems to only be available in copper color which in my opinion looks great on a Tele and is pretty unique.

In any case, $1,149.99 for a brand new American Fender is undeniably a steal. We'll never see a price like this again. Just look at the MIM Player and Player Plus series for reference. Some are already at this price! Regular price on a Performer crept up to $1399 as well.

I don't want to expose it if it is indeed a glitch or super low stock. I've probably said too much already. Haha. Otherwise I would broadcast the link. If this guitar is on your wish list and you're ready to buy, message me.

No, I'm not a shill, catfish, or scammer. lol. Just a guy who has maniacally shopped for an American Telecaster for too long and know a few tricks. Again, this is a major retailer. Only sharing it here because you guys have helped me a ton and I like this place!

giogolf

Tele-Holic
Its not a glitch, Sweetwater had the Penny American Performers for $1149 but sold out.. Its a great price none the less

MelodicBend

Tele-Meister
Giogolf, do you recall when they were for sale at Sweetwater for that price? Just wondering. This deal might be the last of the stock.

I would have jumped all over this if I didn't make a big guitar purchase recently. Honestly, I'm still tempted.

John C

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
If anyone is interested in purchasing an American Performer Telecaster, I found one that is way underpriced at a major retailer. I believe it to be a glitch or possibly the last of previous stock before a price increase.

Seems to only be available in copper color which in my opinion looks great on a Tele and is pretty unique.

In any case, $1,149.99 for a brand new American Fender is undeniably a steal. We'll never see a price like this again. Just look at the MIM Player and Player Plus series for reference. Some are already at this price! Regular price on a Performer crept up to $1399 as well.

I don't want to expose it if it is indeed a glitch or super low stock. I've probably said too much already. Haha. Otherwise I would broadcast the link. If this guitar is on your wish list and you're ready to buy, message me.

No, I'm not a shill, catfish, or scammer. lol. Just a guy who has maniacally shopped for an American Telecaster for too long and know a few tricks. Again, this is a major retailer. Only sharing it here because you guys have helped me a ton and I like this place!

The copper color was discontinued in 2020, and $1,149 was the MAP for American Performers in 2019 or early 2020. Multiple price increases since then have pushed American Performers up to the current $1,399.

Blues Twanger

Tele-Afflicted
Sometimes the old price can still be found for a while after an increase as dealers work through stock.

Some places will raise the price right away to make some extra money on guitars they've already payed the old wholesale price for while others will wait to raise their price until they have to restock under the new pricing.

FWIW the Performer is my favorite in the entire line at the moment, great guitars with the features I want.

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I bought my 2018 Fender American Special in Autumn Blaze Metallic NEW from GC in 2020.
If I recall, it was $999...:cool: Seems like Fenders in these unusual colors sometimes just appear out of thin air :)

20210828_180243628_iOS.jpg

MelodicBend

Tele-Meister
I guess I was crazy thinking a few people out there on this forum would be ready to pounce on this deal. I just made a big purchase recently otherwise I would have. I'm actually resisting the urge to get this one too just on principle. lol. $1149??? Get outta here.

If anyone is interested, look around for Model # 0115112384 and try to get lucky. Message me for a link if not.

jfgesquire

Friend of Leo's
I bought my 2018 Fender American Special in Autumn Blaze Metallic NEW from GC in 2020.
If I recall, it was $999...:cool: Seems like Fenders in these unusual colors sometimes just appear out of thin air :)

View attachment 1037875
Oh man, I remember ogling that one 4 years ago - I never bought it, but that guitar single handedly sent me down the Telecaster rabbit hole.

Rick Lanahan

Tele-Meister
Had a basically brand new one for sale here with a $250 pro set up including bone nut for $875 for months with no bites. Now $1149 is a deal? I give up

chris m.

Doctor of Teleocity
Had a basically brand new one for sale here with a $250 pro set up including bone nut for $875 for months with no bites. Now $1149 is a deal? I give up
Basically brand new is not the same as brand new. Warranty, etc.

My rule of thumb on used is it will typically sell for around half of what I paid if I bought it brand new. Upgrades usually don't matter much, even when they are really good upgrades. Because what you like in terms of an upgrade may not be what others like. For example, I prefer vintage Tele tuners over locking tuners. Hard to argue with a good bone nut, though.

$250 pro setup is not a big selling point for a lot of folks on this website. Many of us are very good at doing setups ourselves.

John C

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter

My rule of thumb on used is it will typically sell for around half of what I paid if I bought it brand new. Upgrades usually don't matter much, even when they are really good upgrades. Because what you like in terms of an upgrade may not be what others like. For example, I prefer vintage Tele tuners over locking tuners. Hard to argue with a good bone nut, though.

$250 pro setup is not a big selling point for a lot of folks on this website. Many of us are very good at doing setups ourselves.

$1,149 is a good deal vs the new price of $1,399. But not compared to what American Performers go for on the used market. I do like mine, but I also know that if I ever sell it I'll take a pretty good hit on it even though I got it before the January 2022 price increase, got 15% off that price plus used $50 in rewards to lower the price out the door at Guitar Center.

Rick Lanahan

Tele-Meister

Set-up was a fret level with bone nut