a former attorney who left the field in 1998 to join the circus

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by drf64, Nov 24, 2021.

1. chezdeluxe

chezdeluxe Doctor of Teleocity

A bit like the little kid who told his billionaire father he wanted a real cowboy outfit for Christmas.

His father bought him the postal service.

P-Nutz likes this.
  2. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Telefied Silver Supporter

Lined up once to get some elephant poop. We were informed it was special for gardening. That was a load of poop. Just smelled more than regular bagged manure.

Telekarster, drf64 and nojazzhere like this.
  3. Aftermath

Aftermath Tele-Meister

One of my great grand parents left home as a kid to be in the circus. I think he played trumpet or something.

4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Dylan, ballad of a thin man.

But something is happening
    And you don't know what it is
    Do you, Mister Jones?

nojazzhere and drewg like this.
  5. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

I worked for an arts alliance when I was 11/12ish. We brought a circus to town and I got to work with the elephants to set up the tent.

chezdeluxe likes this.
  6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I don't know about that particular bunch of monkeys and dogs, but I did know a dog named Denzel. He was kind of the mascot at a golf course I frequent. He was my good friend, he was a lot of people's friend at the golf course, one guy bought him an igloo dog house. He played with the kit foxes, and NEVER went to the bathroom anywhere around the club house, or his dog house. He took a bath in the ponds, and was always clean and presentable.

The cart shack crew had strict orders to see that he was fed, and many of us brought him stuff every day. During hot weather, since i only lived a mile and a half away, I filled his water dish every morning with a gallon of water, and made sure it was in the shade. He had the run of the golf course and lived happily for almost four years on the course. He seemed very happy, and we were happy to see him living free!

THEN ONE DAY, some ladies much like the one's complaining about the monkeys and the dogs came along, and pressured the golf course into letting them trap him, for his own good, since THEY could see he was miserable living like he was. They finally captured him, neutered him, shaved all of his hair off, and had to keep two shocking collars on him to keep him frum running away from their shelter. One collar shocked him when he barked and howled, the other shocked him if he got out of range of the shelter. THIS WAS THEIR VERSION OF WHAT LIFE SHOULD BE FOR poor Denzel. I think Denzel would just as soon have been like Mr. Scrooge, and been left alone.

nojazzhere and Telekarster like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.