A few questions on Rob's Micro Bassman LTP

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by subgenius_one, Sep 25, 2020.

1. subgenius_one

subgenius_one TDPRI Member

I am planning on starting a build of this in an old Alamo Fury 1x15 combo.

I have a couple of questions as I am starting on purchasing the parts:

1. Is there any place where that has the BOM of components handy to order (as opposed to manually adding each individual component to the cart)?

2. I saw a suggestion to use metal film resistors, but an implication that carbon might be better for certain resistors. Does this really matter/can you hear the difference or does it just make some people feel better to have the vintage spec component? Is it fine to use all metal film?

3. I see on the Cathodyne version that there is a headphone jack, but on the LTP it is labeled line out. Can this be converted to a headphone jack?

Thanks in advance.

2. sds1

sds1 Tele-Afflicted

I haven't seen this, folks get their parts from different places. You can automate some of this work by exporting the BOM from Rob's DIYLC layout, massaging a little in a spreadsheet then copy/paste the Mouser's BOM tool. It will get you out of the one-by-one shopping. I can elaborate a bit if you want to shop at Mouser.

Without getting into the mojo-or-no-mojo thing, it's totally fine to use metal film everywhere. You might choose some metal oxide or ceramic parts for higher rated resistors, this will be based on ratings alone I reckon.

Yeah you can apply either of those output jack configurations to either circuit. Mix and match!

Paul-T and robrob like this.
  3. subgenius_one

subgenius_one TDPRI Member

Thanks. I went ahead and added all of the components manually. Parts on the way.

robrob and sds1 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.