1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

A few pics and a question about my new gitfiddle

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by RelicStrat, Feb 21, 2004.

1. RelicStrat

RelicStrat Tele-Meister

I just had this MIJ '52 Tele dropped off on my doorstep this week. Here is a pic of it. NO the picture is not backwards! I pulled the neck off the body and both are stamped TL-52L-EX. The thing plays great and has mega twang, a ton more than my '03 MIM Classic 50's. The previous owner put compensated brass saddles on it, so that saved me the trouble of having to do it. I'm in the process of re-stringing it and setting the intonation cause it don't play in tune that well over the neck.

Question: is this baseplate on the bridge pup normal? Is that what causes the great twang it has? I've never torn apart my Classic 50's so don't know if it has a baseplate or not. Most of the Tele bridge pups that I see on ebay don't have them. Also what is the mass between the pup and baseplate? Just some insulative material of some kind?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jjmantele

jjmantele Tele-Holic

Stacked HB?

Looks like a stacked HB to me. Could be wrong. I don't know if those would come stock on Fenders.

3. 0le FUZZY

0le FUZZY Former Member

Looks like

<li>One of these bar-mag-a-nute type P/Us used on sum less expensive TELECASTERs.
    <li>Rather than use individual mag-a-nute-tick poles (ALNICO and such) they jes use steel poles and produce the mag-a-nute with a solid bar unner neef.
    <li>The spacers are there tew stop an un-even pull on the plate which mite dis-lodge the bar.
    <li>JMHO YMMV.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <font size=2>
    Still here </font size>

4. RelicStrat

RelicStrat Tele-Meister

Hey Fuzzy, I think your right. The poles look like steel and don't have seem to have any magnetic properties to them. The thing twangs like a son of a gun though for a cheapie pickup. Puts my Classic 50's to shame. Even though it sounds good I'm planning to have a left handed Nashville (Five-Two) SD made for me and pop it in.

Thanks for the info.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.