1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

A Few Pedalboard Questions.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Man Of Tone, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Man Of Tone

Man Of Tone TDPRI Member

I have a few questions about my pedalboard and any help would be greatly appreciated.

First off I will give you a list of the pedals I am using in the order I have them in at the moment.

Boss TU-2
    Radial PB-1 BigShot Power Booster
    Ibanez TS-9
    Red Llama Clone "Built by cousinpaul"
    Danelectro PB&J Delay
    Boss DD-7 Delay
    Boss TR-2

So I am running into a Silverface Princeton Reverb and it has occurred to me that if I am in a gig situation where I am outside or need more power I can just add another small amp. with the dd-7 having stereo outputs I could use that to run two amps.
    Now I have heard both arguments delay before tremolo and tremolo before delay, which is better? if its best to have the tremolo very last is there a simple box that I can get to accomplish this?

I know it may sound crazy but I am on a budget at this time and need to work with what I have to work with.

Also if there are any other problems, tips or suggestions on the order that I have please feel free to give me your input.

Thanx so much everyone!

2. aunchaki

aunchaki Friend of Leo's

An age-old question which only your ears can answer. I prefer delay last (I don't have a reverb pedal, so I don't have to worry about delay->reverb or reverb->delay). The TR-2 works fine for me, it's a straightforward pedal that delivers.

If you want the option to go to two amps, you could move the trem back before the delays and put the DD-7 last, giving you two outs. Or a simple A/B/Y pedal could be last.

Good luck!

3. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Do you want your wub wubs to repeat or do you want your repeats to go wub wub wub

4. telefunken

telefunken Friend of Leo's

Almost did a spit take when I read this...................very funny!!!:D:D

5. cousinpaul

cousinpaul Friend of Leo's

If you put the PB&J before the trem and the DD-7 after, you could have both options and still use the DD7 to split your signal for the two amps.

You might also try putting the Big Shot after the Red Llama and TS-9. The boost will just make them louder without adding more distortion to them when you hit it. The TS-9 could also be set for clean boost and used to filter out excess bass. That's kind of the way SRV used it. It might help you get a little more out of the Princeton for the twangy stuff.

6. Man Of Tone

Man Of Tone TDPRI Member

Great! Thanks so much everyone I will experiment and will let you guys know what I come up with!

7. 1300 E Valencia

1300 E Valencia Friend of Leo's

If you are outside or need more power the soundman will mike you.

8. Man Of Tone

Man Of Tone TDPRI Member

Yes That is true as well...I try to make friends with the sound man right away since he is in control of my destiny for the few hours but the main issue I have is if I am playing with other lead instruments....sometimes I tend to get lost.

9. jeb stuart

jeb stuart Tele-Holic

be aware of phase and polarity when choosing a second amp. apparently fender amps, "dont play nice" with other brands. i run a supro and drri at the same time and after trying stereo out on a boss pedal, then a morley aby i realized i needed something with a 180 option, n a ground lift. i got a used radial and it works perfect. i'd think if i had a second amp in mind that was not fender id put a radial into my budget. good luck

10. Man Of Tone

Man Of Tone TDPRI Member

Thanks, I will keep that in mind for sure

11. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

I typically either ran my Tremolo first or last depending on my mood. Tremolo before dirt even can be really nice. Usually if i was running a Fuzz I would stick it dead last. I am tremololess right now though. I sold mine.

12. Man Of Tone

Man Of Tone TDPRI Member

I am a tremolo and reverbaholic....haha

13. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Ahh the age old question. :lol:

14. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Ditto. Never thought of the Trem last in line tho, must try that. Thanx

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.