A drink with any guitarist

msalama

Tele-Holic
Can't decide. But at the very least Fripp, Belew, SRV, EVH, Nile Rodgers and Hendrix would be, or would've been, interesting beer buddies for chewing the fat with.

EDIT: Oh my, how did I forget. A coffee with Malcolm Young would've been just the shiznit too. No booze though, since he'd been on the wagon for years already before passing away. RIP Mal, you truly were the best rock rhythm guitarist of all time!

Last edited:

somebodyelseuk

Tele-Meister
Easy.
My Uncle Eddie. He died a couple of years before I was born, in December '64. My Dad taught him to play, he says he was a natural, and would have been the type to get in to all the Brit Blues guys and Hendrix (my Dad was a Shadows guy).
I'd have loved to have known him, obviously, but it'd also have been interesting to see the path his guitar playing would have taken.

Dismalhead

Poster Extraordinaire
Seems like he'd be a really nice guy.
JoeSatriani.jpg

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
It was only when I came to a post by Blowtorch on page one that I realized this thread is almost 15 months old. Yeah, there are LOTS of famous guitarists I'd like to sit down and talk with......but since this is "non-possible" fantasy, I might just, for a hoot, say Blowtorch. (preferably after he's had his Ritalin) ;)
Maybe we could debate our favorite Beatles' periods. ;)

cometazzi

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Like @northernguitar I'd choose Toni Iommi, though it'd probably be tea because Toni doesn't drink anymore. I've never met him, but I've heard he's disarmingly mellow and polite. The George Harrison of Metal, so to speak.

When I saw Southern Culture on the Skids, I did buy Rick Miller a beer and we talked about guitars, amps and gear. He showed me his whole setup and (new at the time) Supro Black Rhino amp that he was excited about. He's a real cool down to earth dude and a total gearhead. The latter part surprised me because usually guys that can play their pants off tend to not go off in the weeds on gear so much.

Rick is one of my top guitar idols.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Jesse Ed Davis
Bob Margolin
Chester Burnett
Peter Green
BB King
Albert King
Jerry Garcia
Tom Brumley (princely gentleman)