A Confession: I had never seen any of the Jurassic Park films

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Jurrasic Park 1 Thru 2, 3, 4, was on HBO, so I thought "WHY NOT" boy was I shocked!
Getty_1272686956.jpg
I was stunned , I was amazed, I was taken aback. I was expecting "Alien, Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf, Apocalypses Now the Director's cut, I couldn't make through the film , so I tried the second one, bleeeech! 😧😬😠.... Days passed and I realized that I had never seen a Ramboski movie, so I tried Ramboski on for size . Stillion has an incrediblybly sculptured body.Impressively so, I looked like grafted on muscle that was vat grown and arranged by a avant gaurd italian auto body designer. I has to skip through a few parts.
The battle scenes from black hawk down were so much better.
So this is the American cinima that I've been missing out on.
And i wonder what it is that people find so lacking in Train Spotting and Fight Club.
I'n certain there is an aspect of modern life that I am not in touch with , I am sure of this fact

marla singer.jpg

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
I think I have only seen the first, so probably slightly missing out or not, it's dinosaurs running riot in one place or another.

greenhornet

Tele-Meister
I believe I've seen part of one. As I get older the desire to watch movies is fading, and with today's mindless amusement park -movies the desire is zero...

NWinther

Friend of Leo's
Most movies are not worth anybodys time...
You can almost set your clock to the minute when the "plot" advances....
Same camera movements, same kind of lines spoken, same expressions.....same movie with another name and and set.

Not that I mind the ocassional fun movie or tv-series.....
But as I have read so many books since I was a kid, I find movies to fall all sorts of short in many ways, the really good ones are few and they only show up now and then.

But I rather like bad b-movies and tv-series, stuff that do not take themselves seriously, those are often terrific fun and entertaining.

Moonraker5

Tele-Holic
Odd, I just re-watched JURASSIC PARK - first time I have seen it since saw it in the theaters.

Have to say -- it is still a very impressive piece of work. Spielberg's ability to set up a scene, build suspense, build an unease in his audience is remarkable. The first two appearances of the T-Rex are fantastic pieces of cinema. Sure, it is all silly and absurd, but Spielberg has us believing every single second of it.

The first JP movie was very, very good. The follow-ups that I have seen are pretty bad.

985plowboy

Poster Extraordinaire
I saw the first JP and it was amazing in theater.
We weren’t all completely jaded by CGI yet so the special effects were amazing.

If you are critical or cynical or just don’t like movies in general pass on pretty much anything Stallone.

Except “Rhinestone”.
It’ll reset your parameters for good and bad.
Makes Rambo look like Shakespeare.

FWIW I really like Fight club.
And Slingblade.

suthol

Friend of Leo's
JP was a pretty good piece of tense entertainment, the following episodes not so much.

Apparently the velociraptor was about the size of a turkey but hey ho.

For absolute dross, one of my grandsons was binging on Walking Dead

JeffroJones

Tele-Meister
If you are critical or cynical or just don’t like movies in general pass on pretty much anything Stallone.
I put Rocky 1 with JP 1.
Sure, I was cynical, but I suspended disbelief and went along for the ride.
And it was an enjoyable ride.
But enough was enough :lol:

...And Slingblade...
Slingblade was one from left field.
Billy Bob Thornton at his best, and a great cast, including Dwight Yoakam 👍

:::

Last edited:

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I liked them all. Good CGI. I loved godzilla and king kong movies. Wish they didnt make the star the Raptors.
There are so many other cool creatures from that era.

I would like to see a movie on the pleistocene era, and giant ground sloths, mammoths and saber tooths
and buffalo.

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Always a dinosaur geek, so yeah, I loved mostly #1. They go down hill a bit from there into normal fantasy/horror trite [plot land. But still, just seeing the dinos 'in the flesh' was cool.

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
Here is an easy listening version.

I love that animation and have for decades

As far as the Jurassic Park series goes I did like the first one, the rest meh, and the last one was fun. We both enjoyed it. A total suspension of belief and fully entertaining. No spoilers but the casting of original characters was superb. It only heightened the event for us (especially me)

TheDams

Tele-Holic
If I want to get bored, just give me ANY last decade Marvel movie...
It just CGI, bang, boom, swoosh, CGI, bang, boom, swoosh, CGI, bang, boom, swoosh, CGI, bang, boom, swoosh, CGI, bang, boom, swoosh, CGI, bang, boom, swoosh, CGI, bang, boom, swoosh!

I can hardly see any REAL scenery, and the *ahem* "plot" is just ... well, let say that any kid book by Dr Seuss is more interesting!

I remember enjoying the first JP... It was entertaining.

Cyberi4n

Tele-Afflicted
Good grief you’re all outdoing yourselves here to be as miserable as you can :lol:

First one was pretty amazing and still is imho. Second one was fairly poor, but the third I quite enjoyed. The newer ones have their moments, but those are fewer and further between.

11 Gauge

Doctor of Teleocity
I have to admit that I've never seen any of the JP movies, either.

In my defense, I was a newlywed the year the first one came out. I was poor and a workaholic, so I didn't see anything in the theaters that year (including Schindler's List). Heck, I didn't see Pulp Fiction the following year until it was in the cheap theater.

...Regarding special effects and JP, I do remember seeing something on TV about how they did that, and that seemed interesting. To this day, I think I still recall that they used a plucked guitar (or some sort of instrument) string to get the water ripples in the glass effect.

I was certainly interested in dinosaurs as a kid, and pretty much like most of SS's movies, so I must have just been in a pretty demanding situation at the time.