1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

A cast iron stomach it is you have, when this is your Sunday morning breakfast.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Are you insinuating my sardines aren't healthy? They wasn't old enough to have anything wrong with them afore they went in the can!

2. Toto'sDad

Awwww Naaahhh, sawing the top of a monkey's head sticking up through the table and eating his brains while he's jumping around under the table, now that's disgusting.

Rowdyman likes this.
  3. davo8411

davo8411 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

May I suggest an avocado and sardine sandwich with mustard?

MarkieMark and Toto'sDad like this.
  4. Toto'sDad

That's kind of the idea. Next time my mouth orders something too big for my stomach to hold like it did with that big old steak the other night, they'll both know what's coming to make up for it.

5. Toto'sDad

Sounds good to me. You might by now be able to ascertain I ain't too particular about what I eat. I (might) draw the line at them live monkey brains though. (maybe) (depends on how hungry I was)

6. johnny k

johnny k Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

Try those. No bones. When i eat sardines, i open them up and take the bones out. It is tedious. Just like playing operations when you were a kid.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  7. Toto'sDad

I like fillet of herring just fine. My favorite is actually with mustard sauce! If they are just plain or peppered, I put some HOT mustard on them, mmmmmmm.

johnny k likes this.
  8. RobRiggs

RobRiggs Tele-Meister

Cast iron stomach with asbestos insulation. You are a tough man TD.

9. Dan R

Dan R Poster Extraordinaire

I understand the health aspect but I'm not eating those. I can handle anchovies on a pizza, but that's about it for that sort of thing.

10. dougstrum

dougstrum Friend of Leo's

Ah TD lose the orange juice and grab a beer; then you will be starting your day in style:twisted:

hdvades and Toto'sDad like this.
  11. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

Smoked Oysters ( canned and refrigerated) too!

( as no none else in the family likes anchovies, when we order a pizza, I get them on the side, and eat them with the edge crust of the pizza- open-faced anchovie sandwiches!)

hdvades and Toto'sDad like this.
  12. loopfinding

loopfinding Friend of Leo's

do you mean clean like gutted or clean literally? they're cooked or smoked before canning.

oof on the hot sauce personally, but i could eat them in olive oil anytime.

this is the greatest breakfast known to man, IMHO:

[​IMG]

kLyon and Toto'sDad like this.
  13. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

I can, and have, eaten sardines, herring and anchovies for breakfast (also lunch and dinner, though not on the same day). There are three seafood items that I cannot stomach. Gefilte Fishe, Lutefisk and sea cucumber.

I rather enjoy the first three...

Toto'sDad likes this.
  14. GuitarsBuicks

GuitarsBuicks Tele-Holic

What’s your favorite story about the days when you were living with Johnny Cash?
    When Johnny and I were living together, you know, I was supposed to clean the joint up and he did the cookin’. Well he had a good job, because me and him would probably eat about once a month whether we were hungry or not. But John could cook breakfast. He could cook every breakfast meat you could think of: pork chops, bacon, sausage, ham, he cooked eggs… but the best thing he cooked was gravy and biscuits. Now, if you can imagine, in those days, John Cash wore those black suits every day of his life — he also wore em’ out from the inside. You know, John could fidget better than anybody in the world. He had his twitch down real good. You can’t imagine anything like Johnny Cash, after he gets through cookin’ us breakfast, and havin’ bakin’ powder from one end of him to the other. - Waylon Jennings

Now that's Breakfast

Toto'sDad likes this.
  15. puddin

puddin Tele-Afflicted

i don't get it when you could have beautiful Belgian waffles, and sausages of both patty, and link. Crisp thick slice bacon. :lol:

Toto'sDad likes this.
  16. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Went to Fred Meyer (Kroger's for those of you east of the mountains) a couple of hours ago to buy cat food. The pusses like sardines. For myself, I picked up a jar of Habanero jelly (for breakfast, it's killer) and a bag of Habanero Tostitos chips. I am in heaven.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  17. loopfinding

i'm with you on the waffles, and i like bacon (though not first thing in the morning)...but you gotta realize for people who didn't grow up eating breakfast sausage, it's pretty repulsive, hahaha.

puddin likes this.
  18. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

When I first struck out on my own, I would go to the grocery and buy only food that was on sale. I found that the place would alternate weekly putting kipper snacks and pork n beans on sale...so that's what I ate. Kippers on crackers for breakfast, pork n beans for dinner.

My dorm room had a brick ledge halfway up the wall. Didn't take long to line the room with empty bean cans...

I still like kippers. Never could stand sardines. Look too much like bait...

Toto'sDad likes this.
  19. puddin

puddin Tele-Afflicted

Yes... but sardines.. I'd rather eat cheerio's...

Toto'sDad likes this.
  20. loopfinding

sardines and anchovies are fine and healthy canned. but yeah, tuna or salmon (which i otherwise love)...awful...definitely not far off from cat food and it definitely smells the part. i bought canned salmon as a sub for japanese salted salmon flakes once and it was a mistake that i'll never make again.

Toto'sDad likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.