A buddy wanted me to record a song with him and then he doesn't show up.

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
A friend wanted me to record one of his original songs. I said I would so he came over and we went over it. I really didn't have a good feel for what he wanted or what I should play on it.

So about two weeks later, after the holidays, he had tinkered on it some more and said that he knew what he wanted, so we set up another time to get together, and then...he didn't show up. And no texts either and he had previously been a big texter.

Did I get ghosted?

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I had one guy , I knew him very well booked some studio time with me and after the 4-5 time he'd show up late , by this I mean 2-3 hrs late consistently , I finally lost patience as there was no call no apology nothing . so this last time I pulled off his reel from the 8 track tascam 80-8 and I put a blank reel on the machine and hand wound a 1/2 of a garbage reel of tape that was in the trash can onto the blank reel , all twisted and pooched ( old tape that was worn out ) and I went up for dinner about 7:00 PM , and of course he shows up 3 hrs late while I'm eating , so i told him to go down to the studio every thing was all set up,

much to his horror when he got there and in a panicked voice he bolted upstairs , I looked at him and said "dont be late again, my time is as valuable to me as it is to you."

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
If he doesn't have a history of flakey behavior, I would be concerned that he was okay.

A terrible story to tell probably, but I left an after-work party years ago where they were celebrating an engagement. I left early not being a crowd person and the next day at work everyone looked lifeless and somber. I walked in asking who hell died?

Turned out that there was a dispute and the engagement was called off. The groom to be killed himself in a drunken state later that night.

hotraman

Tele-Afflicted
Your time is valuable. Your friend should reply with the following replies:
1. I've gone a different direction and don't need you
2. I'm unable to record at this time
3. Sorry for not communicating. Lets reschedule.

When I have been ghosted, my friends are either too busy to reply ( due to unforeseen circumstances )
or the text got forgotten about.

Hope you find resolution.

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
Your time is valuable. Your friend should reply with the following replies:
1. I've gone a different direction and don't need you
2. I'm unable to record at this time
3. Sorry for not communicating. Lets reschedule.

When I have been ghosted, my friends are either too busy to reply ( due to unforeseen circumstances )
or the text got forgotten about.

Hope you find resolution.
Okay, so I was going out tonight and while I was in the shower I had a missed call from a phone number I didn't know. Since I was going out I didn't take the time to check my voicemail. Then later at the club it dawned on me that it might have been his wife calling so I went outside to listen to my voicemail. It WAS her. She didn't say a lot, just that they had been going through some things, but that he was alright, and for me to call her. Of course it was too late then to call so I'll call her tomorrow

More tomorrow!

dogmeat

Friend of Leo's
good excuse? maybe try again but......

no excuse.... best to cut ties before he owes you money

life is too short to spend any on axles

Masmus

Tele-Holic
A long time ago I was doing some studio time for someone I knew and they started to no show. After a couple of times I said he had to pay a couple of hundred up front and if he was a no show I kept it. He started showing up after that.

When you do favors for people it's easy for them to think your time isn't worth anything.