A Big Thanx

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Buck@r00, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Buck@r00

Buck@r00 Tele-Meister

I want to thank everyone for the great information on this forum. I play acoustic guitar, upright bass, and banjo in church and in a Bluegrass band, but I've always been a HUGE fan of Buck Owens and Don Rich. I found this forum in a link from the steel guitar forum (a lot of twang fans over there).

Last week I saw in a pawn shop a beautiful maple neck Tele for $425. I thought that was the price of a new MIM. When I saw it came with a hard case I took it down from the rack. That's when I noticed the Corona California neck plate. I thought AHA one of those California Series that I has read about in the forum.

I got back on-line to do some more research and double check on your comments and reviews. I found out $400-500 was the going rate. I called the pawn shop the next day and asked if they would take $350 for it (you gotta start somewhere). They were in the midst of remodeling so she said "If you come in today I will."

I hurried down there to get my prize. BUT IT GETS BETTER. Among the information I received from you all was how to decipher a serial number. I check the number on the neck expecting to see AMXN8XXXX, but instead I found Z31XXXXX. I couldn't get to the checkout counter fast enough. So I now own a beautiful, barely played, 2003, Chrome Red, Maple Neck, American Series Tele. It still had the owner's manual and registration card in the case.

I would never have been able to make the deal if it wasn't for yawl's help.

Now if I can just learn to play it! :rolleyes:

2. Willie D

Willie D Friend of Leo's

SWEEEEET. Congratulations on a great find. Enjoy that fiddle!

3. Mike Rice

Mike Rice Friend of Leo's

Well if we're all so damned smart, how come it's you that bought an $800 guitar for $350?? ;)

Enjoy that Tele. Whether you keep it as is, make mods, or sell it to get a Tele you like better there's just no way you can go wrong. It's a great guitar with mucho options.

4. TheViking

TheViking Tele-Holic

Congrats.....

.... it's always fun to hear a fellow telepick'er getting a great deal!

5. Johnny Isaacs

Johnny Isaacs Tele-Afflicted

Well you need one of these next then!

[​IMG]

Join the Buck and Don club!

Johnny Isaacs

6. Buck@r00

Buck@r00 Tele-Meister

That is indeed a fraternity I would like to be a part of.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.