1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

A Band Member Drops From the Tour: You've Bought Expensive Tickets

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by goldtopper, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Only on a guitar forum, folks.

That's 'cause we know what's best for the world, the universe, and certainly the stage.

2. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

$160.00 to see John Bon Jovi?

Holi Moli!

3. Stefanovich

Stefanovich Tele-Holic

I think Bon Jovi knows it makes a difference. He donated $100,000 to a Calgary charity (Sambora left the band in Calgary) as a way of apologizing for the last minute switch. While Phil X is a great player, I agree that when you go to see Bon Jovi, part of the deal is Sambora. I am not a Bon Jovi (or Sambora) fan but he is an iconic part of the group.

4. Fearnot

Fearnot Poster Extraordinaire

I bought tix (with very precious funds) to see David Bowie on the Serious Moonlight tour specifically because Stevie Ray was opening and playing with DB. Needless to say, SRV was off the tour by the time he got to my show, so I got to see Earl Slick instead.

Sorry... not an upgrade. Yes, I saw Bowie, but he traded a legend-to-be for a journeyman hack... IMHO, of couse.

Still... $160 to see BonJovi? :eek:

5. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

From what I've always heard -- even back then -- SRV was never on the tour. He backed out during the planning stages. In that case, it would've been a misunderstanding on your part (pre-internet, rock news was much less plentiful), instead of any switcheroo by Bowie.

6. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

This is correct.

We had tickets to the Atlanta show of the 1986 Smiths tour when Morrisey "got laryngitis". I don't remember us getting any money back.

7. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

Saw Yes minus Jon Anderson last year, was a bit disappointed cos I'm sure his photo was on the promo I clicked to buy the tix.
    New singer was good though.

8. adamkavanagh

adamkavanagh Tele-Holic

And great rock vocal chops too

9. surfoverb

surfoverb Doctor of Teleocity

sweet!

10. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

I saw Aerosmith without Joe Perry or Brad Whitford several times. Had a great time every time. Saw Joe Perry and Brad Whitford playing together in Joe's "Project" several times as well. had a great time at those shows as well. Of course i was a just a dumb kid into having a good time.

11. Duncas

Duncas Friend of Leo's

That is rough.

Weird though, I saw Phil X a few months ago as part of a 50 odd crowd and now he's playing infront of 20,000 or so people.

Ying and Yang

I know iv posted this pic before but incase one of you pops up with the ol' Pics or it didnt happen haha :lol:

Attached Files:

12. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

Actually, he has played with Bon Jovi prior to your pic. He'll be back to the 50-odd club in short order. I think he prefers it. Plus, he can't play "Frankenstein" with Bon Jovi. :cool:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.