1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

A/B Hell

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by teleblueman, Dec 27, 2015.

1. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Neck feel and balance combined for me.
    My old Les Paul is a heavy guitar but the neck is amazing and the balance is perfect so, with a good broad strap, it's not a problem. With good pick-ups, set-up, going through good amps and pedals, pretty much any old guitar can be made to sound great.

2. radiomanjh

radiomanjh Tele-Afflicted

I also prefer neck feel as a top priority. It has pretty much been the reason I have sold some of my guitars in the past simply because they weren't getting played.

3. roeg

roeg Tele-Meister

Each one is *almost* perfect.Maybe wait for another that hits the mark on all counts.Its out there.

4. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's

For me, it's the whole package. But I could easily live with 8 more oz. added to a 'featherweight' guitar. And the neck feel , in your hand, is VERY important.

5. TeleKato

TeleKato Friend of Leo's

Ah, you get to a very intriguing point here. I mostly proposed that thought as devil's advocate (no, not trolling ... don't suspend me). But I am amazed at the lengths people go through in grunting about 'partscasters' when in fact, they all are. You're right ... somewhere in the factory there is a line, and at that line they cease being parts casted together and become a "Fender guitar." But in reality, if I have a body (loaded) made in Corona in a given year, and a neck made there that same year, it's a stock guitar. There's no way to prove it is not ... they don't put matching serial numbers on both parts. And to get worked up about it is rather insipid.

But oh ... personally, I do think swapping the necks is not a good thing to do. But if I was in that position, I'm not sure I could resist the temptation! :twisted:

6. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

And so are Gibsons! They're just harder to get apart, and even harder to put back together again :twisted:

7. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

This was my first thought.. I'm keeping my second thought to myself..

8. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

We all had that second thought, man.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.