1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

$90 amps that prove my life is a lie

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by dmfp123, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

2. Riffraff12571

Riffraff12571 Tele-Holic

It can be done used. There are still bargains out there too if you can troubleshoot and fix amps.

You can probably find one of these Bugera single ended EL84 amps used in the $90 area. Maybe just a bit higher but not by much.
    I ran one into a DAW yesterday and made this short clip. I really didn't like this camp's dirty time run through a cab but it was good run this way. Who knew?

The entire rig was super low cost and I used a free speaker IR and free reverb & delay plugins. I never tried that before, it was fun and pretty darn convenient.

I bought this little '60s Danelectro single ended 6V6GT amp for $50 used off of a local Craigslist seller. It was listed as non-working. One of the pictures showed the back of the amp and you could see it had two 12AX7's and one of them was milky white which means it lost it's vacuum. I love when you can see what the problem is in the listing picture. LOL! As soon as I got it I confirmed one tube was cracked and no good. Both were vintage IEC Mullard 7025's (ECC83)! The good one is now in the V1 slot in my Traynor YBA-1. :D

[​IMG]

A buddy of mine bought this 6505+ non-working, sold for parts at a yard sale for $20 and gave it to me to look at. I opened it up an saw a burnt ribbon cable connecting the preamp pcb to the poweramp pcb. I pulled the cable and wired the boards together then replaced a dead 12AX7 in the preamp and fired it up. He planned on flipping it so I traded him 2 small combos I had and didn't really care for. It's a great sounding amp. A lot of 5150 variant haters have told me this one sounds different and they really like it. I like it too so I still have it.

[​IMG]

To common folk this is just non-working crap in their garage they want gone. I'm there to take out that trash. :D

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  3. Riffraff12571

Riffraff12571 Tele-Holic

duplicate

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.