8502-American Ash Telecaster Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by telemon1, Oct 15, 2009.

1. atomicjim

atomicjim TDPRI Member

Found your email. I'll send you some pics.

pulteney likes this.
  2. t6dpilot

t6dpilot TDPRI Member

What is the market value for an 8502 these days? Assume excellent condition and unmodified. For those that have original guitars, what was included in the factory package - case, candy, etc? Thanks.

3. jim_pridx

jim_pridx Tele-Afflicted

I commented on a similar question quite some time ago, but it seems that the 8502 isn't quite as sought after as it once was. My guess is that it's mostly due to the fact that Fender has produced some pretty high-quality stuff in recent years, particularly their intermediate MIA guitars as well as the MIM line. While the 8502's prices were once hovering around $1000 to $1200, I had a difficult time selling my last one about a year ago until I dropped the price to $900. This one was an '03 model that was in near-mint condition, too. So, my guess on the market value these days would be somewhere around $850 to $950 or so, all depending on the overall condition. Of course, I may be way off base here, but based upon my last selling experience, a seller who's asking much more than that is likely to wait a while before it sells. They're still great guitars, though, and I'll never sell the one I own.

4. pulteney

pulteney Tele-Meister

Re Blonde 8502s - Is that finish semi-transparent or solid? Can't always tell from the pics I’ve seen. How about yours James (atomicjim)? Sent you an email + PM. Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  5. telemon1

telemon1 TDPRI Member

All the 8502’s I have encountered have had a semi transparent finish, even the bursts. The gorgeous ash grain is usually visible. o_O

pulteney likes this.
  6. pulteney

pulteney Tele-Meister

Thanks telemon!

7. pulteney

pulteney Tele-Meister

Has anyone heard from atomicjim? He hasn't replied to my emails or PMs here for almost three months–and I did nothing to wind him up :oops:

8. rich2k4

rich2k4 TDPRI Member

On the lookout for a clean all original 8502 if anyone is willing to sell? Would be nice to get a sunburst one but blackguard blonde is ok too.

9. geepefun

geepefun NEW MEMBER!

Hello. i have one. I bought a 2tone burst from 2003.What kind of strings you put on 8502.
    I beg your pardon for my language. Im french.

10. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

It depends on you and what music you play. I use D'Addario 9-46 because I tend to bend my B and G strings a lot. But 10-46 is fine also- just not as easy to bend. Try different strings- you'll find your preference pretty quickly.

11. geepefun

geepefun NEW MEMBER!

ok thanks I'm going to try earnyball 10-46

12. Mk70

Mk70 NEW MEMBER!

20190826_103754.jpg Hi, this is my 8502, bought in 2004 and since then it is the undisputed n.1 among my guitars, both to practice and on stage. I think it's one of the first built, due to the white pickguard...
    Recently I made a refret with medium jumbo and a few years ago I replaced the factory pickups (more than decent) with a pair of Lindy Fralin that gave it an incredible sound character. Great guitar

13. Daytona.57

Daytona.57 Tele-Meister

60th Anniversary FSR Telecaster, sunburst, ash body. 75 were produced for Guitar Centre.

Lovely neck and sound.

YMMV

14. Kingborn79

Kingborn79 NEW MEMBER!

Hello everybody, would you tell me if my Tele (year of production 2005) is a 8502 model? Thanks for answers. I bought it used for 600€ just a week ago.

Attached Files:

15. pulteney

pulteney Tele-Meister

Finish doesn’t seem semitransparent to me?

16. Kingborn79

Kingborn79 NEW MEMBER!

No, it's not; and that is the reason why I'm still on doubt. To be more accurate, I just checked the neck and look what I've found.
    Somebody talked about that dragon as a distinctive sign of the 8502.

Attached Files:

17. pulteney

pulteney Tele-Meister

Perhaps the neck is legit and the body is not... First thing I thought was 8502 neck + Tele Special body but your saddles are modern. Refin job? I don't know :confused:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  18. Jimmy Hendricks

Jimmy Hendricks TDPRI Member

I have an '05 2 tone burst. It hung on the wall of a music store for 9 years until I came along. I loved it the moment I picked it up. My first Tele. Its my #1 all the way. The only thing that I absolutely HATED is the super thick poly finish so I had it removed and then repainted. It looks like a mutt now but I love it even more. It's staying. In fact I just sold an awesome CS Tele instead. I would have another no problem. IMG_5433.jpg

19. Jackobeam

Jackobeam TDPRI Member

Can anyone tell if this is the real deal? I’m trying to join the club! It’s being listed as a 8502 from 2004.
    Thanks!
    Adam

Attached Files:

20. Jackobeam

Jackobeam TDPRI Member

Another member looked up the serial number and said it’s legit.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.