80's Fender bullet telecaster body tracing?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by xrolandtx, Jul 6, 2009.

1. xrolandtx

xrolandtx Tele-Meister

Hey TDPRI. Well, after seeing so many lovely tele's that have been built, I would love to try to build one myself. I have been sort of facinated by the fender bullet, the short lived, but cult hit guitar built from 1981-1983 or 84 I belive. it used mustang pickups, a funky/awesome metal pickguard in some cases, and supposedly had necks worth the price of the guitar alone for their playablility:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the body itself is tele-like, but obviously different.

I know some of you members have got to have one of these guitars. Would any of you be willing to make a tracing of the body, and sending it along to me? Or tips on how to get this kind of thing?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
    xrolandtx

2. cc9cii

cc9cii Friend of Leo's

I am quite interested in this, too. *subscribed* Let us know how you go, xrolandtx.

3. jay1970

jay1970 Tele-Meister

Always looked to me like a cross bred tele/strat. Suprised to see the bullets were not string through?

4. xrolandtx

xrolandtx Tele-Meister

Thanks to that PDF, i was able to create a 1:1 scale template of a bullet body!

[​IMG]

Im going to pick out a piece of wood tomorrow, im thinking mahogany with a tung oil finish.

Ill post up some pictures along the way! anyone wanna put in an order for a fender bullet 2009 RI body ;) PM me if interested

5. xrolandtx

xrolandtx Tele-Meister

progress so far:
    [​IMG]

looking good right? needs to be cleaned up around the edges, routed, and more, but its coming along!

6. Cardboard Robot

Cardboard Robot Tele-Meister

Thanks to these forums I'm in love with the Bullet! Looking good thus far, I'll be watching this one to see how it turns out!

7. Yogi

Yogi Tele-Meister

Actually the bullet deluxe is String thru, I have an 81. That picture is just the regular bullet ,that has a funky metal pickguard bridge combo, the deluxe has a plastic PG and a strat hardtail bridge and string thru

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.