1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

'74 Music Man HD-120 prices?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by skinny ted, Jan 25, 2008.

1. skinny ted

skinny ted TDPRI Member

anyone have a rough guess as to how much one of these wold go for...decent shape..original specs..ect ect.??

i know this may seem like a very odd and specific request...but i know someone who might be getting rid of one..and i wana know some prices before i shoot the breeze with him about it.

thanks for any help guys!:D

2. skeksis

skeksis Tele-Afflicted

local phoenix craigslist has an hd-130 (head & cab) for $500, and an hd-150 (head & cab) for $750. don't know what they'd actually sell for, but those are the asking prices. don't know much about these, but that's probably a reasonable ballpark? under $500 would be a good deal, above $800 would be pretty high... any recent ebay sales?

3. skeksis

skeksis Tele-Afflicted

checked ebay, and very few of the musicman amps were selling for any more than $500. more of 'em were in the $350-400 range. that surprises me a little. but then again, I wouldn't want to ship one of those suckers. good luck.

4. chabby

chabby Friend of Leo's

Go on Emerald City Guitars website I think the last time I was in there they had one for sale. Its just emeraldcityguitar or guitars.com.

Look under amps listed in the used department and I'm sure it's there.
    Just can't remember if it was a 120 or 130

5. chabby

chabby Friend of Leo's

6. skinny ted

skinny ted TDPRI Member

hey thanks alot for taking the time guys. any help is much appreciated
    ive been having trouble finding any info on the net...but i know they seem to sell for pretty cheap...
    this particular hd 120 is a 2x12 combo. this is what the guy is telling me...i dont know much about MM amps, so forgive me if thats incorrect!

7. Tim Swartz

Tim Swartz Friend of Leo's

I don't think there is an HD120 (at least from '74)??? If it is from '74 it most likely an early example of an HD130 and will have a tube phase inverter.

8. skinny ted

skinny ted TDPRI Member

yeah im not finding uch for a 120...ill ask again..perhaps hes mistaken..:confused:

9. skinny ted

skinny ted TDPRI Member

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.