74/75 Telecaster Deluxe Need Help!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by lespaulist, Aug 8, 2019.

1. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Afflicted

Flat out killer guitar! Congratulations!

A 1m period correct part can be easily sourced. Determine the cost and negotiate the difference with the seller would be my choice. I certainly wouldn’t let that bad boy out of my hands over a potentiometer.

More importantly how’s it play and sound? I expect it sounds like this which is why I’m jealous.

2. fuzzjunkie

fuzzjunkie TDPRI Member

Everything on yours matches up with my '73 that my dad bought off the original owner in '77 except it looks a heck of a lot better. It was the first guitar I learned to play on in '82 and has a rough life. The neck on mine is VERY thin and narrow. Less than 1 5/8" at the nut. I know these all can vary from guitar to guitar back in the day. The pickups still sound great but sadly the frets are gone. I'm debating on refretting since I will never sell it anyway or just getting a Warmoth neck for it. Oh, as far as weight goes, It's the absolute heaviest guitar I ever owned! Close to 10lbs (nope, never owned a Norlin Les Paul).

3. Singin' Dave

Singin' Dave Friend of Leo's

Love these guitars and the OPs look legit to me!!

While I agree the seller was a bit shady or misinformed to list it as "100% Original", to me no big whoop on a pot that can be sourced easily if that matters to ya.

Mine is an early 73 (neck date red stamp is Dec '72) with actually a pretty nice deeper C carve than almost all of the other ones I've tried from same era.

I got mine for a song, basically $1K about 10 years ago but it has some blemishes, notably a little body routing, non original switch tip and jack. But man, what a fun guitar and LOVE the pickups!

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.